Keto diet with intermittent fasting

Discussion in 'Survival of the Fittest' started by Big Ron, Nov 2, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Big Ron

Big Ron Monkey++

I was thinking on how much I needed to lose weight and how this would help my high blood sugar problems. I found two videos that I think are helpful. A fellow going by the name "Butter bob" who talks some good stuff in a plain understanding kind of a way. It was very useful. Next was a Dr. Fung who also talked in a normal common sense kind of way. He talked about fasting, in various ways and how this and the Keto diet help burn belly fat and help your health improve.
    I watched a program years back on how a procedure that makes your stomach smaller made diabetics stop being diabetics after awhile. Dr. Fung equates this with losing weight and eliminating diabetes. He says Diabetes is a dietary thing and is reversible. I recommend anyone with weight or sugar issues check these guys videos out. I have just started my Keto diet with exercise and fasting from noon until six am. So, i am eating twice a day. I drink a bulletproof coffee at six pm that helps hold me over. Wish me luck!

2. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Good luck . An 18 hour fast time sounds kind of hard , but its all in what you get used to . About 2 years ago I did a juicing diet , ate minimal salads and steamed veggies , and oatmeal for breakfast . Drank fruit smoothies . Once I got used to it , it wasn't bad , took about 2 weeks . Did it for about 2 1/2 months or more and lost close to 50 lbs . Been seriously thinking of doing it again , its a little time consuming , and the cleanup on the juicer is a pain , a dishwasher may make it easier tho .
    I wish you luck and success .

Zimmy and Motomom34 like this.
  3. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Well, the Nobel Prize winner (from Japan, 2017? or 2018?) pretty much proves fasting is a good thing and works, in moderation of course but it jives with how primitive man lived, eating well one day and slim pickings the next. I sort of stuck my toe into the waters last week and actually really liked it. I intend to fast 3 days a week starting next week and the rest of the week eat what I normally eat. We'll see what happens...

Zimmy, Motomom34 and SB21 like this.
  4. runswithdogs

runswithdogs Monkey+++

You might want to check out Dr. Ken Berry to, hes got a channel on youtube with tons of info.

Ive lost about 35lbs doing keto and only eatting when im hungry (wich a few times has been not for several days, but usally 1-2 times a day)
    And my DH is no longer diabetic so I can vouch for both

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
    Motomom34 and SB21 like this.
  5. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Good luck. Years ago, kept a buddy company on his ten day fast. Lost about 20 pounds. But it all came back. Think his did too.

Now I still eat whatever, but try to reduce it by 10%. And I started running a few months ago. Lost 20-25 pounds, depending on when I weigh myself. The weight loss has been gradual and consistent. I do two short runs a week and one long run. Sprinkled in between are walks, hikes and tai chi. I end up averaging about 2 hours of some kind of exercise a day, not including the hikes.

SB21 and Wild Trapper like this.
  6. Big Ron

Big Ron Monkey++

I don't find the fasting to be that hard. Getting past bad old habits of eating snacks and stuff that is bad for me has been slightly tough. I don't count calories and most KETO foods can be eaten with no problem. It sure helped cut back on storing carb kinda foods.

Zimmy likes this.
  1. DarkLight
  2. 3M-TA3
  3. runswithdogs
  4. Ganado
  5. DarkLight
  6. Ura-Ki
  7. Yard Dart
  8. Yard Dart
  9. Yard Dart
  10. hot diggity
  11. RightHand
  12. cjsloane
  13. 3M-TA3
  14. Dark Jester
  15. wastelander
  16. tulianr
  17. Quigley_Sharps
  18. Quigley_Sharps
    [media]
    Thread by: Quigley_Sharps, Dec 22, 2013, 6 replies, in forum: Survival of the Fittest
  19. melbo
  20. melbo
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7