KI radiation protection pills

Discussion in 'Survival Medicine' started by monkeyman, Sep 8, 2005.

1. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Dose anyone here know anything about these, specificly the Pro KI like cheaper than dirt has? Is there much difference between brands? Dose it need any particular storage, whats the shelf life, wheres the best place to get it, etc? I have never kept it on hand or taken it but am thinking (especialy since the CDC and FDA are even kind of sugesting it) that it may be time to get some and wanted to get whatever info I could on it.

2. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

Here is a link with lots of info.I keep a store of them. But the only problem is that you have to know in advance that you are in a radiation fallout area.It prevents radiation from accumulating in the thyroid gland by flooding it with iodine.The best solution is not to ingest radioactive substances at all.I would take the pills as a just in case measue.But my NBC plans call for shelter with gas masks untill the first phases are over.Radioactive fallout loses its potency quickly so if you can avoid ingesting any in the first few hours you are likely to be fine.
    For the cost a bottle or two is worth the investment but I would spend my money first on a quality gas mask and NBC rated filters for me and my family.

http://www.ki4u.com/#100

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7