Kid's trading their heritage for a new Iphone.

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by wideym, Nov 20, 2018.

1. D2wing

D2wing Monkey+

I am a guy that appreciates the history of things. I have a couple old guns that belonged to my Dad and I cherish them. I have a couple other nice guns and wonder what will become of them. My kids would probably keep one or two, but I only have a few grandkids and none of them are interested in the outdoors or guns and all of them are big into phones and games. I suppose in a generation or two most family history will be gone and who know what will happen to all the stuff I have. I do know that one of my kids thinks it all should be sold but most mostly go into a dumpster.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  2. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

Sounds like you oughta keep an eye out for a youngin with an appreciation for those kinda things and "adopt" him so to speak.

Gator 45/70 and oldman11 like this.
  3. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Millennials like my sister are always looking to pawn off her kids on our mom, who lives in a house in the country. Her kids love going there.
    A lot better than the shitty trailers in town or on the edge of town like my sis is always in and out of. They all live in maine.
    If my nephews ever come here likely they will not to leave willingly.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  4. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

I have two sons and seven grandchildren,three great grandchildren ,out of the whole bunch two grandsons and one granddaughter will be the ones to get my fifty or so guns. I have already gave those three over twenty guns that they are reall proud of.One grandson is just starting a family,the other is working for his father and going to college . The granddaughter that is also going to college studying to work in the medical field and making a youth pastor. I don’t want to talk about the rest. I gave one son my uncles shotgun and one of my colt .45’s,both were found in the pawn shop and I had to buy them back. I have to hide my meds or they would be gone. I have a eighth grade education and worked all my life,started out driving trucks and ended up as a public works director for the last 17 years of my working career and will be 76 in March. I really don’t know what’s wrong with our young children today,it could be both parents working,schools, but the next generation is in for big trouble. Before I go let me tell you about my ( good ) granddaughter,a story that’s hard to believe. This fall I planted a half acre of greens for anyone in the neighborhood that wanted them .something I have always done. My granddaughter that’s going to college found out what they were selling for and asked me to show her how to pull and tie them. Well her and her boyfriend who has been her boyfriend since grade school are now pulling the greens for sale. They are selling the greens in town and already have made over $1000.00,now she has asked me to show her how to drive the tractor and wants to know everything about gardening Boy am I happy. Somebody needs to tell me to shut up ,I talk too much when it comes to my grandchildren.

5. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

I watch the Pawn Show on the History Channel from time to time >>>> I'd like to throttle some of those little a-holes that bring in their family's heritage guns - Civil War and even back to the Revolutionary War days - most just want the $$$$$ to blow it on the town on booze and the crap tables ...

oldman11, 3cyl and Gator 45/70 like this.
  6. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Mai Nonc oldman11,I'm your long lost southern nephew!!! I love things that go BANG me!

Just kidding, Sounds like the granddaughter and the grandsons would get the mother load of everything,Land, firearms, stocks,books,and whats under that pile of dirt in the flower bed!
    Make sure the Ms's is cared for until she joins you high atop the mountain.

oldawg, ghrit and oldman11 like this.
  7. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

You watch that !!! I often wonder how much is staged for ratings.
    BTW that place is on my bucket list to visit!

3cyl likes this.
  8. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

You can not blame the pawn shop,they see them coming.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  9. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Probably at least as much as they staged at the DeRamus shop in Alexandria.

oldman11 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  10. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Hahaha that's a big joke here, I know one guy who was contacted by the producers to bring in a gold plated AK and sell it on air.
    He relieved $300.00 for his acting.

oldawg and oldman11 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7