Knife Prototype...

Discussion in 'Blades' started by Dark Jester, May 21, 2014.

1. Dark Jester

Dark Jester Quester...

I want to address the comment about the lanyard loop if I may.
    Are you saying that if the hand slipped off the scales and onto the loop that the finger could be injured?
    If this is correct, please give me a scenario where this might happen. Also, if the scales at the butt end were tapered, would this be a better option to prevent what you are describing?

BTW, Force Recon is not the name of the knife its the USMC unit that helped design and is using this knife.

2. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Force Recon is a time honored USMC Group. The knife was chosen by a "Training Group" from the USMC and is GP camp knife. The knife is not a Tradmarked USMC knife.

""""The Bravo-1 knife was developed with the assistance of the U.S. Marine Corp Force Recon Training Unit. These folks bought a large number of knives on the commercial market and tested them without saying anything to any of the makers.
    The Bark River Gameskeeper came out on top. It fit their requirements of a "Real Time General Purpose Survival/Bushcraft Knife". Bark River was contacted by them and asked to make a knife based on the Gameskeeper with a few changes. The Bravo-1 is the result of their input.
    Starting in 2011 the Bravo-1 comes with the new Standard Leather Sheath. The Standard Leather sheath is slimmer than the Deluxe Leather Sheath and it doesn’t have a firesteel loop.""""

Hand slips> Blood on handle, etc. Check out the Bravo 1 and other's scales.

The design is that of a small camp knife.

Last edited: May 23, 2014
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7