Kommiefornia to ban guns SB 808

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Legion489, Dec 25, 2015.

1. Legion489

Legion489 Rev. 2:19 Banned

Ban On Homemade Guns One Signature Away From Becoming Law In California
    Posted on September 5, 2014 by Ben Bullard Views: 12,429
    Shares

California Governor Jerry Brown has but to sign a bill passed by the legislature for homemade guns both past and future to become illegal in California, except under strict conditions that document the weapons with government-issued serial numbers.

The state legislature approved SB 808 last week, sending the bill to Brown’s desk for a signature to enact it into law. The bill, which made national headlines for its Democratic sponsor’s so-sad-it’s-funny press conference in January, will essentially ban the manufacture of 3D-printed guns, as well as set severe restrictions on other forms of DIY firearms.

Here’s the video from that non-event, staged by state Senator Kevin de Leon:

Here’s more on the bill from Guns.com:

…SB808…would require a state Department of Justice Bureau of Firearms background check and authorization before assembling a firearm in the home of a state resident. Additionally, before this could be granted, the candidate would have to show proof that building the gun would not violate local city or county codes.

It would further require those who in the state that have already made their own gun after December of 1968 to obtain and engrave or affix a DOJ-issued serial number and prohibit the sale, transfer or inheritance of these guns.

In a final step, all guns made by unlicensed homebuilders would have to be serialized, have that serial number logged by the DOJ, and kept on record. Furthermore, homebuilders would have to pay a fee.

Noncompliance could result in up to a $1,000 fine and/or a year in prison.

De Leon described the legislation as taking a “modest approach to address these new threats to public safety” in a press release last week, noting that recent advances have opened the way for “dangerous individuals” to “manipulate technologies at the expense of public safety.”

This entry was posted in Liberty News, Staff Reports. Bookmark the permalink.

Post navigation
    ← Lost Emails Here; Lost Emails There…IRS ‘Lost’ Emails Of Five More Employees Tied To Lerner Scandal
    Personal Liberty Digest™ P.M. Edition 9-5-2014 →

[​IMG]
    Ban On Homemade Guns One Signature Away From Becoming Law In CA

n.

2. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey+++

The idiots just keep on idioting......and pushing....don't realize that the folks who are going to push back actually own and know how to use firearms. sheesh

Kajun

Hanzo, Tully Mars, Yard Dart and 4 others like this.
  3. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

They will push until they have attained a monarchy of sorts where citizens are but serfs and peons.

A person may want to know why the government fears a law abiding citizen from owning a DIY firearm and requires a serial number be registered with DOJ in the first place. No criminal is going to spend over $1000 to build a firearm when they can just get their neighbor to buy some for them. So common sense dictates that serial numbering and registration will not stop a determined individual or group of individuals from getting firearms.

People in California need to wake the hell up!!

Last edited: Dec 25, 2015
    Hanzo, Tully Mars, Yard Dart and 2 others like this.
  4. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Yeah, like any of these sheep would ever actually do anything

5. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

Commiefornia will be the test case to see how far it has to go before gun owners do something or not.

Hanzo, Legion489, Tully Mars and 3 others like this.
  6. Dunerunner

We said that about Connecticut, and look at what happened there. No National support, everyone felt it was their problem and few donated any money or support to the fight there.

When the dominos start to fall across the country, these draconian laws governing our firearms will be addressed and imposed Nationally. I fear the U.S. will go the way of Australia and people will just knuckle under.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
    Tully Mars and ditch witch like this.
  7. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

I sure hope your wrong. At least some people and even some sheriffs in Oregon are saying no to the private sale registration.

Tully Mars and Dunerunner like this.
  8. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I say " Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of Folks". They are getting exactly what they ELECTED... Boxer, Feinswin, and the rest...

9. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey+++

What kind of scares me is the old saying "As goes California, so goes the nation." That seems to be true more often than not.

Kajun

10. Dunerunner

I don't think California gun owners elected those polititurds, I think that they are just outnumbered by a bunch of go with the flow liberals that have overwhelmed the state.

My fear as well... BT effectively lives in a completely different environment (luck bugger). I pray for another Ice Age, because it seems the cold and hardships of living in that environment is in direct opposition to the liberal mindset.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2015
  11. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Oh, we have our Liberals.... It is just they do NOT mess with their Gun Rights, because the Brown Bears live next Door, and the Game Warden, is a Day away.... The thing about Kommiefornia Pussies, is that they think, someone else will protect them from the " Bad Guys". and they are to stupid to know that that is a LIE...

Tully Mars, 3cyl, oldawg and 4 others like this.
  12. Dunerunner

The slow learner is always the most danger to the group.

Fortunately this went under a veto by the Governor 9/30/2014

Got my blood pressure up for a minute, though...

SB 808

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2015
  13. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Hard to believe "moon beam" vetoed that. He must've been stoned and checked the wrong box.
    Looks like he did, though.

Mountainman likes this.
  14. Xocjm

Xocjm Monkey

I just moved out of California a few months ago and most that have not lived there don't understand that this will come to a head at some point and the liberal idiots running the state cause exactly what they don't want. I am in the gun business and California has more guns per capita than any other state and its because every time they try and pass legislation against guns everyone runs out and buys more. When the day comes that they try and take them they will be shocked to find out how many will resist with force.

15. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

I spent five years there, I know. Everyone I knew out there, had at least one gun. My work crew would go shooting together, and there were often new toys.

Dunerunner, Xocjm and TXKajun like this.
  16. Dunerunner

I have a friend who lives there and when out buying a new pistol with his 11 year old daughter, the counter help finished the paperwork and told him it was a ten day wait for the pistol. His daughter asked why the ten day wait, and the counter help said, "It is a cooling off period so he doesn't go right out and kill someone." She looked at the counter guy and said, "Why wouldn't he just use one of the other guns he owns?"

Yard Dart, Brokor, Legion489 and 5 others like this.
  17. Xocjm

Xocjm Monkey

It's funny thats one of the reasons that it is being challenged in the courts and is probably going to change for current gun owners and concealed carry permit holders.

kellory, Tully Mars and Dunerunner like this.
  18. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

I guess there will be a lot of 99 present non guns in the state until the day they are needed.

Dunerunner and oldawg like this.
  19. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Just mount the guns you make on the wall and call it a lost art form. pfft

20. Legion489

Legion489 Rev. 2:19 Banned

Kurt Saxon wrote an article called "When Politicians Ban Guns, Bombers will Ban Politicians". That should be somewhere on the 'net. Great read.

1. fl4848
  2. BTPost
  3. BTPost
  4. Dunerunner
  5. Coyote Ridge
  6. OldDude49
  7. oldman11
  8. Ura-Ki
  9. oil pan 4
  10. OldDude49
  11. OldDude49
  12. Motomom34