Kuduz Bug aka Asian Stink Bug

Discussion in 'The Green Patch' started by Dovey, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Dovey

Dovey Monkey++

These terrible things showed up in my garden last week. Do any of you know how to get rid of them?
    I spray and they come back, I dust and they come back. Help please.

2. Smitty

Smitty Monkey+

Nasty little critters you have there. Just started seeing them here this year as well. They only eat legumes so they will flock to your soybeans, peanuts etc...i don't grow legumes so I haven't had to treat them myself(they can have all the kudzu and wysteria they want) but I believe I have heard of some control with pyrethrins. Good luck and let me know if you win the battle and what works.

3. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

I have not seen them return in several weeks, so I must assume that my Bayer ground application bug killer was effective. I have used the stuff on birch and fruit trees for many years, but had to use it on wysteria, jasmine and grape vines infested with the Kudxu bugs this summer.

Far more satsifying and enjoyable was to spray them with brake parts cleaner, both unlit and lit up like a blow-torch. They really didn't like that at all, and the pitter patter of their dead bodies falling on the deck sounded like rain. Makes the deck all crunchy in the morning. :)

Best of luck with these nasty buggers. Hopefully they won't destroy much before you can wipe them out.

HD

4. Smitty

Smitty Monkey+

Was it the bayer tree and shrub you used? Imidacloprid?

5. Dovey

Dovey Monkey++

I finally used some Bonide All Season Oil Spray and that got rid of them and I hope they stay gone.

6. DMGoddess

DMGoddess Monkey+++

You might try diatomaceous earth. It's all natural, no chemicals, and it works on a physical level (it's tiny shellfish, and the shells cut into the exoskeleton) so they can't become immune to it. It sure cleaned out the cockroach infestation I got when my neighbor's house got cleaned out. Nary a bug or black widow to be seen. Just be careful with it. If you inhale the dust, it's bad business.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7