Kydex (Thermo-Molded Plastics) holster sheath Starter kit.

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Trade' started by Bear, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Bear

Bear Monkey+++ Founding Member Iron Monkey

Aloha Monkeys,

Here's a quick kit to get you started in thermo molded plastics with some job specific tools...

You will still need to get a hollow rivet setter with can run you between $12 all the way up to $200 if you decide to go that route... but honestly ... $12 works for occasional projects.... Here's a link for them... as well as other supplies for this and the press I'm offering here...

KnifeKits.com™ : Knife & Gun Making Supplies and Tools Eyelet/Rivet Tools

The rest you probably have like a hair dryer or heat gun, drill, sand paper etc...

I'm not using this so figured I'd offer it up... (custom made my own set up) Yes the press has surface rust and some old thermo molding foam ... but I figured it still will work and I am including new foam so I'd leave it as is in case anyone wants it as is.... to get some additional presses out of the old foam... just attaches with double stick carpet tape

Otherwise... I'm happy to remove the old foam and hit this with the wire wheel on my angle grinder...
    (I'll tell you this will rust back up in a flash anyway... unless you plan to paint it....)

Press is $85 new from Knifekits where I bought it....
    Foam is $30 ("c neo" stands for commercial neoprene)

Including about 500 hollow rivets might be more in the bag... that's about $50

An assortment of 11 solid as well as no longer made woodland and desert camp kydex sheets to get you started.... That's over $70 worth

That's about $235 before shipping....

Here's a deal for the crafty Monkeys who want to get started making their own holsters sheathes etc....

$GONE plus $15 Priority Mail, insure with tracking shipping anywhere in the USA....

Hope that helps someone get started in thermo molding... happy to answer questions or help anyone interested....

Have a great Saturday all!

Take Care and God Bless,

Bear

DSCF9497.JPG

DSCF9498.JPG

DSCF9499.JPG

DSCF9500.JPG

DSCF9501.JPG

DSCF9502.JPG

DSCF9503.JPG

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
    Hanzo, kellory, Yard Dart and 2 others like this.
  2. Bear

Bear Monkey+++ Founding Member Iron Monkey

Aloha Monkeys....

New description and package... finally got around to cleaning up the plates... ready to paint your favorite color before mounting the foam...

Got this ready for a buddy and he had to pass... have my own set up I made after I got this....

Here's a quick kit to get you started in thermo molded plastics with some job specific tools...

You will still need to get a hollow rivet setter which can run you between $12 all the way up to $200 if you decide to go that route... but honestly ... $12 works for occasional projects....

Several suppliers offer what you will need to set the rivets... the plates are from a well known supplier... cleaned them up to get them ready for painting... I will leave that up to you and your favorite color....

The rest you probably have like a hair dryer, hot plate or heat gun, drill, sand paper etc...

Press is $85 new from Knifekits where I bought it....

Foam is $30 ("c neo" stands for commercial neoprene and is marked as such on the other side)
    I will rough cut to fit and ship but will not mount so you can paint it your favorite color...

Including a roll of carpet tape to mount the foam

Including about 500 hollow rivets might be more in the bag... that's about $50

An assortment of 16 solid as well as no longer made woodland and desert camp kydex/bolatron sheets to get you started.... That's over $80 worth

That's about $245 before shipping....

Here's a deal for the folks who want to get started making their own holsters sheathes etc....

$GONE shipped Priority Mail, insured with tracking shipping anywhere in the USA....

Hope that helps someone get started in thermo molding... happy to answer questions or help anyone interested....

Have a great Friday and Weekend all!

Take Care and God Bless,

Bear

DSCF0007.JPG

DSCF0008.JPG

DSCF0009.JPG

DSCF0010.JPG

DSCF0011.JPG

DSCF0012.JPG

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
    kellory likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary