La Marie Salvage

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Seacowboys, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Just refloated this tug after taking off 120,000 gallons of fuel. We raised her upside-down and towed it into Sabine Pass. Next week, we'll roll her over. She was down in 40 feet of sea but the stern was 60' (under-ground).
    LaMarie Tow 026.

2. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

You got a pretty cool jobthere....:)

3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Without doubt, that is the cleanest bottom I've seen since just before they flooded us down in drydock.:eek:

4. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

So if you guys salvage it, you own it don't ya...

5. Seacowboys

Nope, doesn't really work that way. We are hired by the insurance company to recover the vessel. We have the option to purchase it from the owner against the bill or his deductable. We bought 120,000 gallons of fuel that we were paid $2.00 per gallon to remove for .27 per gallon. All round, this was a typical salvage and the gross reciepts will be in the neighborhood of 1.7-1.8 mil or about 30% of the value of the casualty.

6. Panhead

Panhead On the Loose Founding Member

Nice work, what caused it to go under?

7. Seacowboys

Funny coincidence...last year, almost to the day in exactly the same place , I raised a giant oil barge (DBL 152) that hit the same submerged object and sank. THe coast guard had a buoy on the sunken oil platform but I guess it got lost.
    Copy of DBL 152 dave 004.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7