LA Riots Documentary on History Channel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 3M-TA3, May 21, 2017.

1. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Just ran across this on the History Channel, playing on Dish Network in about an hour: Riots erupt in Los Angeles - Apr 29, 1992 - HISTORY.com

I'll be recording and watching later - this type of thing drives Mrs 3M nuts...Likely some very useful information for Urban Monkeys in this

Ura-Ki likes this.
  2. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Having been under martial law in Memphis during the rioting after MLK was shot, my memory is quite vivid and will never be taken lightly.

Altoidfishfins, Ura-Ki and 3M-TA3 like this.
  3. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

It's on later today?

4. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Reginald Denny is what I remember most. He forgave the folks that tried to kill him. Even the coward with the brick. I'm not sure I would feel right about it until I hunted them down. Good on him. Oh yeah. The Koreans shooting at looters was pretty cool too. [afro]

5. duane

duane Monkey+++

Watched 10 min of it and turned to something else. Seemed to me that the attitude was it was caused by the long suffering blacks reaching their breaking point and it wasn't their fault. The stores that were looted and destroyed weren't owned by blacks and the Korean merchants deserved to lose their stores as they hadn't treated the blacks good and bowed to them. Kind of a combination of a black lives matter and nation of islam take on the Los Angles civil disturbances. It was all due to the dreaded white privilege fault then and it won't be the blacks fault when it happens again .

6. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

I was hoping it would give insight into living WROL and what to expect. These things seem to happen about every 20-25 years so we are just about due. Also consider there are large BLM/Anti Trump/Anti Republican protests scheduled for July 2nd. May be a wild ride this year.

Tully Mars, Ura-Ki and duane like this.
  7. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

We were just driving back from the beach and noticed quite a lot of people in the streets going down Crenshaw Blvd. Traffic was horrible so we got on the freeway and looked out upon the city to see pillars of smoke everywhere. Parents were not happy. They knew we went right through the middle of it.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7