LAPD bans Glocks

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by ghostrider, Dec 1, 2005.

1. Captain Boogie

Captain Boogie Monkey+++ Founding Member

Whoops. THought I was at Survival Monkey. Must have come to gunstorelore.com!

Setaside differences in grip angle, triggr pull, etc. Glocks became popular because they are reliable and they are easy to take care of. They may have become popular with gang bangers and teenagers who thought they could go through metal detectors...

Yes, there have been some cases of problems when lead bullets are used, which Glock tells you not to do! But, if what I read on the Internet is true, I am the luckiest man alive! I have owned several Glocks, and known many people how have owned Glocks. And none of them have had a KABOOM. How is this possible?

Not trying to be a mean old man, but come on fellas! I had have three different Colt 1911s, each had serious problems. Does that mean Colt 1911 all have problems? No, it does not.

Whatever happened to the scientific method?

Alright, all you brandy-sniffing, millionaire, anachronistic, 1911 elitists, let me have it! [nutkick]

2. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Boogie, the 1911's have been extensively field tested. It was called WWII. :D

The Glock has been weighed, measured, and found wanting. Thus, they have been pulled from LA's police duty, and subsequently many dozens of other cities as well.

Your personaly findings are not conclusive with the overall, larger results: Glocks are crap. -But I digress. [beer]

Cheers!

3. Valkman

Valkman Knifemaker Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Glocks are popular because 99% of cops are not knowledgable about guns and they are easy to use. But they still look and feel like a brick. :D

For the record, I have one Colt 1911 and it is a POS. But the rest of 'em are great.

4. magnus392

magnus392 Field Marshall Mags Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I just don't like the feel of them, but different strokes for different folks:)

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7