LDS Preparedness Manual

Discussion in 'Back to Basics' started by kckndrgn, Feb 10, 2010.

1. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

http://www.abysmal.com/LDS/Preparedness/Preparedness.pdf

Pretty good information. I like the section on buying the preps one week at a time, over the course of one year. Doesn't break the bank and for someone just starting it gives a good general guideline to follow.

2. RevJammer

RevJammer Monkey+++

Excellent post... thanks for the info!!

RJ

3. SLugomist

SLugomist Monkey++

yes very good link

4. annie

annie Monkey+++

That is THE most comprehensive manual / list to date for me, it is 222 pages in PDF format. thank you.

5. mitchell3006

mitchell3006 Monkey+++

6. draynes

draynes Monkey+

Thanks for the links. I had them and lost them.

7. PapaSasquatch

PapaSasquatch Monkey++

In 30 mins, we'll start our 180th annual general conference and given the political/emotional/hate-filled/evil/EOTWAWKI climate we're in, there might be some good information about getting ready sooner than later with our year supply. Heck, maybe it'll turn into a 2 year supply commandment because locusts are coming! haha
    April 2010 General Conference

In all seriousness, the Mormons have always been commanded to be self-sufficient and in the 1950's it was first commanded for us to start working on our year supply of food/water/fuel for our families. In the late 90's the tempo has increased and we suspect any day now, that some more urgent warnings will be given. I know here in Montana this summer that there will be unprecedented grasshopper swarms so I've picked up two 25lb bags of fresh wheat from Montana Wheat's storefront in Missoula.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7