LEO threatens a guy with death for having CCW

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by CATO, Jul 22, 2011.

1. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

I have lived in states where I was not required to inform (Tennessee) of my carrying when pulled over. I always did though since I didn't want to risk getting shot by some brainless idiot who freaked out when he saw my hand cannon. Sometimes it's better to be alive than constitutionally correct.

It usually went like this:

Pulled over for speeding, etc.
    I have my license, CCW and insurance in hand when LEO gets to my window.
    "Here's my license, my insurance card and my CCW. I'm currently carrying and my loaded Glock is on my hip. How do you wish to proceed?"
    They look me over and let me go.

I have never once gotten a ticket while carrying although I'm a bit of a lead foot and get pulled over nearly quarterly. My CCW seems to get me out of tickets.

2. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Gotta love that cop.

3. Grand58742

Grand58742 Monkey+++

I think that cop was spot on.

However, whomever he was talking to was being a complete idiot. He was attempting to provoke a fight and good on the cop for not responding to it. So what if he asked for his name? The guy could have told them Charlie Manson and they wouldn't have remotely cared about it. The cop was being polite and professional, requested the firearm for his safety, asked him how to clear it, didn't jack him up with handcuffs. Polite and professional. He was responding to a call about the person with a firearm walking down the street. He was doing his job in making sure everything was okay before just letting him go on his merry way. And doing it in a professional manner.

There was no reason for the person with the camera to be such a douche to the cop about it. People like that are inviting trouble. Professionalism works both ways. If the cop is being polite and respectful, knows the laws and isn't really hassling you about anything, why be such a butt hole back to him? He was simply doing his job responding to a call and making sure everything was good to go. The cop was a former Marine as he mentioned. Never in my life have I ever seen two Marines meet on the street without "hey, where did you serve," "thanks for your 22 years of service" and "glad to see a fellow Marine out here" small talk for a moment.

"My name is John Smith, officer. Thank you for your concern and your professionalism. Sorry about the hubbub and you having to come out here for nothing." Simple, easy and everyone goes on their merry way.

The cop was a model officer and the camera guy was a model douche.

4. Hispeedal2

Hispeedal2 Nay Sayer

Unfortunately, this is the norm. It's popular right now to provoke cops, get your ass handed to you, and post it on You Tube to prove a point. I agree, being an ass doesn't make you a patriot. Neither does demonizing the guys who's help you need in order to change things around in this upside down country. Some guys just miss the point.

:rolleyes:

Grand58742 and Cephus like this.
  5. radpug

radpug Monkey+

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7