LEOs Behaving Well

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by tulianr, Oct 23, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

My experience with LEO'S mixed. Most of them are good people doing a difficult job.

I do think their training is not designed to bring peace. The old 'peace officer' is gone. Now it's about 'enforcing the law' not 'keeping the peace'

Brokor likes this.
  2. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

Possibly you failed to read what I said correctly? "As much a result"...not the sole explanation, but very much a part of the equation.

Having been one might say "intimately" involved in the question for somewhere over 40 years at this point in my life...including nearly 25 of those years as a sworn officer, I will stand by my perception.

kellory likes this.
  3. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I have some decent police in my local area. Unfortunately, as it turns out, they are also hiring...but far too many just can't pass the tests and the township has resorted to hiring a management "professional" to try and acquire adequate prospects. I look at this as a good thing in a way, because at least they are not accepting the applicants from the bottom of the barrel, or to be more accurate --people who simply do NOT qualify to be police.

Of course, just a dozen miles away is another city rampant with crime and corruption (on a government level). That entire county is a quagmire. I believe we are most fortunate to at least have some decent, professional, and courteous LEO's in my immediate area.

Ganado and chelloveck like this.
  4. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

The Borough, in which I live, (Haines, Alaska) has had a series of Police Chiefs, over the last couple of years.... I plainly wonder if the Yahoos, that are on the Borough Assembly, are up to the task of finding a qualified Candidate, to hire, in that the last THREE Times, they had to Fire them, for CAUSE, or pay them BIG Bucks to get rid of them. 3 years ago when the last good Chief retired, after 25 years, and subsequently died soon thereafter, they have had a succession of these "SuperCops" hired, and let go... It is a VERY Good thing, that they ONLY have jurisdiction in the Haines TownSite, (200 miles away) and NOT the whole Borough. My LEO is the local Alaska State WildLife Trooper, who is backed up by the Detachment A Group, out of Juneau, AK.... Out here, we take care of our own issues, and only call in the Troopers, to come pickup the Bodies, after the fact....

5. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

"Sorry", but that is pure BS

6. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

As I stand by mine...which includes a couple of oaths of my own. I don't apologize for expecting others to meet or exceed the same high standards I maintained and still maintain.

chelloveck and Ganado like this.
  7. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

I have been wondering if the geographical location one lives in has any impact on how a Leo approach's you during a traffic stop.. I still do wonder. It is probably more about the mind set of the individual officer involved.

Man’s Facebook post about traffic stop goes viral

Ganado and AD1 like this.
  8. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

I have been in AZ for well 58 years and for the most part, the AZ LEOs are a great bunch of folks.

Its been open carry here sonce before 1959 when we moved here and "everyone has a gun".

Any interaction I have had has been respectful.

Now then again I am a white boy, but this story is about a blackman and he praised them.

9. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

I lived in Yuma for a few years and got along with most everyone, even the local Leo's.. Matter of fact, I have lived in several states and can think of only minor issues I have ever had with any Leo's.. Granted, none of those minor issues involved firearms..

1. chelloveck
    [MEDIA]
    Thread by: chelloveck, Nov 21, 2015, 3 replies, in forum: General Discussion
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7