Let’s talk guns

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by oldman11, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

I had a Sako Finnlite .300 win mag, ugly but did the job. Talked my self into that one, then discovered WHY every one has a .338 mag, talked my self into selling that Sako and bought a really stunning Ruger Alaskan in .338 w.m. Replaced that Sako with an equally ugly Tikka, but in .30/06 Super Varmint. If form follows function, that Tikka is gorgeous!!! Lol

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  2. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

I got 30 something rounds of 8mm Remington Magnum, gives me an excuse to find a rifle for it! LOL.

Alf60, Gator 45/70 and 3M-TA3 like this.
  3. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

EXCUSES? We don need no stinkin excuses! :D

4. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

Excuses,I never heard of excuses,never.

Oddcaliber likes this.
  5. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Monkey+++ Founding Member

I bought my .375H&H on a whim when I was 14 ! Never EVER regretted that moment !!!!

Alf60 and VisuTrac like this.
  6. Didnt Winchester make the 32-20 round? I think I read somewhere that it was called 32WCF. Winchester Center Fire. They stopped chambering rifles in it because as shaped powders started changing the rounds they found that 38spl had better ballistics from a rifle barrel. Maybe Im wrong.

7. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Monkey+++ Founding Member

Yep 32/20 is 32WCF and they made plenty of them. You can still buy 32/20 ammunition out here last I checked. It is sometimes confused with 32Win Special which is a vastly different round.

8. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Winchester 32/20 is in the same category as 38ACP.... It is an obsolete Cartridge, but maybe once a year, or so, Winchester will make a small production run of it, to clear up the backorders that have built up, overtime... Most folks who shoot these Cartridges will just acquire the Brass and learn to reLoad their own... rather than waiting around for the next small production run...

Witch Doctor 01 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  9. I think Buffalo Bore, or Ultramax still produces alot of those obsolete rounds. I bought some 45-90 half jacket rounds from Ultramax in the past. Good stuff but, very costly. There is definitely a good reason for reloading.

oldman11 likes this.
  10. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Still waiting for some .32 rimfire for my Remington lion.

Gator 45/70 and oldman11 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7