Let the disagreements begin!

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by chelloveck, Dec 14, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Now that's a serious Breaching tool!!!

Dunerunner and GhostX like this.
  2. GhostX

GhostX Monkey

Not to mention that you can put on a bump stock and turn it into a legal auto shotgun.

Dunerunner and chelloveck like this.
  3. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

No you are all wrong,.22 long rifle,45-70,and the .45 long colt,and maybe the Smith Wesson .32 long. If it was good enough for grandpa, it's good enough for me. You don't need anything else.

4. yeti695

yeti695 Monkey+

Ok since I love to throw my 2 cents around even know most people don’t care, but here it goes. In the area I live the biggest game animals are black bear, whitetail deer, wild pigs, and the occasional mountain lion, so with that I really don’t see a need for the anything bigger than the all-around rounds for me. On that I have everything I need to take down all the game animals around here. I prefer the .22L, the .243 Win and the .308 Win Not that there are anything wrong with the rest of them listed up to that all-around rounds. Above that I could really care less. I could see having one of the calibers listed on the big game, but I just don’t see it being necessary around here. The heavy game loads, I don’t really want any part of them. Then if you are trying to kill a T-Rex, get out of Jurassic Park.

Dunerunner, chelloveck and GhostX like this.
  5. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

I'd be fine with 22LR, 30-06 and 12ga...but since I don't have to limit myself, the point is moot! :D

6. GhostX

GhostX Monkey

I'd take on a T-rex with a SAIGA 12 if I had frag rounds. You really can't screw with that. Just saying.

Dunerunner, yeti695 and chelloveck like this.
  7. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

.17 HMR for most small game
    .357 mag defensive side arm.
    .454 large game Rossi Puma lever gun.

8. yeti695

yeti695 Monkey+

I hope to god that I never see a T-rex. I would probably [poo] my pants.

9. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

I want me one of them Fred Flintstone sized drumsticks!

Withak, Dunerunner, yeti695 and 3 others like this.
  10. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

[drooling] at the thought of being at the shooting bench right next to you on a fine Sat. afternoon[bow]

Yard Dart, Dunerunner and Ura-Ki like this.
  11. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

[LMAO] until it hurt!! Thanks @chelloveck

BTW, the list should be...

.177 Pellet
    .22LR
    5.56X45
    12 gauge

Wait, Wait... That's not right either...

Add the .50 Beowulf somewhere in there, too...
    And the Barrett...... :p

Yard Dart, Ganado, chelloveck and 2 others like this.
  12. duane

duane Monkey+++

Have a break action 22 pellet rifle and must say it is one fine stealth 22 and the $5 for 500 rounds and having a few thousand isn't bad either. Sling shot, pellet, and good bow are probably more "practical", but I do love my 45, 12 ga and 30-06 and will keep them as "toys" until TSHTF.

oldawg, Gator 45/70 and chelloveck like this.
  13. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Ok Chello old buddy, What do you sport?

14. Legion489

Legion489 Rev. 2:19 Banned

Last time I saw him it was a beret, goofy looking beard and a clenched fist.

STANGF150 likes this.
  15. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

The main weapon is hot air --- :D

16. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Do to @chelloveck being in Australia, I think he has to get a special permit. I recall that Australia limits their citizens when it comes to fire arms.

17. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

.22 break action air rifle: Training, small game and varminting
    .22 Hornet: Training, small game and varminting and farm stock killing.
    .308W: Personal defence, medium to large game (longer effective range than .223 and a .mil caliber ammo that is commonly available)
    .357Magnum: Personal defence, medium game at short range, training, (useful as short range) self defence carbine round to be used by women and youths not up to handling .308)
    12G: Personal defence; very flexible hunting platform (with sub caliber adapters for 20G and 410G.)

I'd add to the list .223 / 5.56mm, simply because it is a .mil caliber, and ammo is quite plentifully available

You must be confusing me with him upload_2016-12-18_9-38-3. he been dead for decades. ;)

You want hot air!!!
    upload_2016-12-18_9-34-39. ;)
    I have actually used a flame thrower, in my military training, in the dim dark past. Firing it for the first time induced some slight anxiousness. The recoil is quite surprising.
    Australians can own firearms. The owners must be licensed and the firearms registered.(with some regulation regards storage, transfer and disposal). Automatic firearms have always been banned, semi automatic firearms may still be owned, but under very stringent regulation that most of the population wouldn't be eligible to comply with. Side arms have been stringently regulated for a very long time, but, provided that certain conditions are met, not particularly difficult to obtain. Bolt action, lever action, and pump action rifles and shot guns may be easily obtained, with the appropriate license and registration complied with.

D2wing, Dunerunner, Yard Dart and 6 others like this.
  18. D2wing

D2wing Monkey+

Interesting. I agree with the O.P. . Although any number of combinations would work. The downside of 12 gauge only is lack of effective range and weight of ammo. But the 12 gauge is pretty much a do it all gun. I think I could survive with any firearm from .22lr pistol to 30-06, or a shotgun provided ammo. I have extensive experience hunting with a wide variety of firearms. I have also served in Combat with a variety of weapons from AR, M-14, M-60 and M2. Now my favorite rifle is a Tikka T3 stainless in 7-08. It is topped with a Weaver Grand Slam scope.

3M-TA3, chimo and chelloveck like this.
  19. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

But can ya kill a buck with a stick?

OH MY...Sorry, pal, that wasn't me, I think Kellory is channeling through me. :eek:

chelloveck likes this.
  20. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

Actually the poster is not bad break down Just needs a 12 Ga

chelloveck likes this.
  1. 3M-TA3
  2. Matei
  3. Yard Dart
  4. Yard Dart
  5. hot diggity
  6. Oddcaliber
  7. Dont