Let the WAR begin! (MUHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAaaaaa) glock vs 1911

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by OldDude49, Sep 12, 2017.

1. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

Don't worry, it's not a vintage piece. USGI parts don't pit like that. Build date is September 1988 or later. Zero legible markings on the slide. The frame is an early Essex, known for their porosity. Price was less than I usually spend for dinner and it hits where it's aimed every time.

Gator 45/70 and Dunerunner like this.
  2. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Monkey+++ Founding Member

Ohhhhhh 1911…..for when it absolutely has to jam and weigh twice as much as needed…..but yet you still feel cool carrying it :D :D

[reddevil][stirpot]

3. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

no. no. no. no. no. Mine has never stove piped a casing or failed to feed in over 30 years.

Minuteman, oldawg and Gator 45/70 like this.
  4. hot diggity

I just thought of one thing that I can do with a Glock that I can't with a 1911. I can put my thumb on the back of the slide on a Glock 17 when it fires so I don't have to chase the brass.
    Wouldn't try it on anything hotter than 9mm.

Why anybody other than an assassin would want to do this I have no clue. Unless they're really cheap and want to save all their brass.

5. Andy the Aussie

Contact shot that prevents the pistol being pushed out of battery when pressed into the opponent during a “heated” engagement and limits a more complicated malfunction (to clear) occurring. Taught in many advanced CQB courses now ;). Also work just fine with .40.

6. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Mine would jam every other shot till I put the first box is ammo through it.
    Now it only jams when it gets really really dirty from silencer use or when I am developing weird ammo for it.
    I think there's a few reasons they jam:
    They were never broke in.
    Sat in the safe for years and all the oil migrated away from where it needs to be.
    Old/cheap people running powderpuff reloads.

40 and 10mm seemed cool but 20 years ago 0.400 jacketed bullets were substantially more expensive than .451 bullets.
    40 and 10mm guns available at the time were mysteriously blowing up.
    The only 10mm worth owning was the colt delta elite and it was a $1,000.
    40 guns available at the time were 9s punched out to 40 like the Beretta 96 and were known to jam.
    So choices were spend a thousand dollars on a 10mm, or go cheap with a 40 and get a plastic one that blows up all or metal one that jams or another blow up cursed 10mm design.
    Some 45acp 1911s were known to jam but with a little effort a jammer could be straightened out.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2023
    Gator 45/70 likes this.
  7. hot diggity

You can push a 1911 slide pretty far back in close contact with something and it'll still fire. I got this as a first hand account (no pun intended) from an old friend who woke up at night, pulled the slide back on his 1911, saw the round eject, and let the slide go. He was thinking back to his instructor days as a Marine, and pressed the muzzle into his hand to demonstrate that it the slide was pushed slightly out of battery, the pistol wouldn't fire. He said he realized his mistake when he saw fire exit the far side of his left hand. It took several surgeries to get the hand back to somewhat normal, and he died (of old age) before it fully recovered.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  8. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

How about a m1911 sorta knockoff? in 9mm

upload_2023-1-7_22-20-37.
    actually a copy of the TOK, which is a Colt 1903 knockoff. Plus a safety much like the PPK

If your muscle memory is setup for a M1911, you can run this with no problems.....

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  9. Andy the Aussie

…… yes but it is iffy and happened enough that it was identified as an issue. Enough so that a drill came about for it. Same as clearing the sidearm after the shot, it’s just easier to rack it out.

hot diggity and Gator 45/70 like this.
  10. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

I've told this story before. Was at an indoor range with my brother. We had done some target practice and after we joined a group of guys sitting around in a lounge area. They were having the age old debate on 9mm vs .45. Everyone had an opinion and all the same old arguments were posited. One old guy sitting there had said nothing the entire time. Finally he stood up and said "Boys, I can settle this debate for you." He lifted up his shirt and he had bullet scars from his left hip up to his right shoulder. He said "Those are all 9mm, if any one of them had of been a .45 I wouldn't be here talkin to ya."
    Turns out he had been in combat in the Korean War and got shot with a full auto 9mm.

Gator 45/70, GOG, hot diggity and 2 others like this.
  11. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

We aren't bound by Hague convention, our 9mm guns will probably be firing hollow point bullets.
    If you are limited to say 10 rounds by some retarded state law I would rather have ten 45s than ten 9mms.

Gator 45/70 and hot diggity like this.
  12. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

Just sayin'.
    902b7eb3a0674f24.

CraftyMofo and Gator 45/70 like this.
  13. Andy the Aussie

….. of course you could just saw that off with a Swiss Army knife and keep on shooting it

GOG and Gator 45/70 like this.
  14. Andy the Aussie

Sometimes I just see something I need to share with my friends :D
    2D258C0D-A5E2-4BBC-81CC-AED4FC629265.

15. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Safe queen 1911s and or Fudd 1911 owners running powderpuff reloads.

Gator 45/70 and Minuteman like this.
  16. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

you are aware the US never signed onto that?

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  17. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

But they follow it and about 99% of the small arms ammo they buy is ballammo, AP or match hollow points that will have the same effect as ballammo.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  18. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Just need to change out parts, make it heavier.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  19. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I did a shitload of testing this week at the range. I burned up a bunch of full power unique and CBI loaded rounds, about 150 total. I got a hung gun, it appears one of my reloads had a longer than normal C.O.A.L. I cleared it, hand fed it into the chamber and slammed the slide down on it and fired it.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  20. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Gluck crying like a bitch.

One of many reasons not to like them.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2023
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7