LET'S SEE IF I'VE GOT THIS CORRECT - - -

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Witch Doctor 01, Mar 7, 2012.

1. larryinalabama

larryinalabama Monkey++

Until now everyone has been in favor of breaking laws for profit. Democrats liked the votes and Republicans like the cheap labor. NOW the unemployed want those illegal jobs.

2. Espada

Espada Monkey+

Sadly, "unemployment benefits" are not a point of shame now days (and shouldn't be for extreme, temporary circumstances), and 99 weeks of laying around on the couch are more appealing than handling the big iron on a rig floor. When I got off active duty after Viet Nam, the only job I could find immediately to feed my family was roughnecking, for $2.16/hour (after the first 40 hours of the 7-day hitch, overtime helped). Don't know if there was "unemployment" then... didn't bother to investigate, and couldn't have conceived of taking it. Packed away my uniforms and sabre, and put on steel-toed boots.

3. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

Kids here can work the fields because there are machines there, they have to over 18. They cant sit on the planting machine and set starts in from the tray into the wheel. They cant run a tractor or drive a truck. They used to do all that stuff during the summer make good money and started at 14 before they could get a real job.

Moatengator likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7