Lets Talk About Refrigerators.

Discussion in 'Off Grid Living' started by Kingfish, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Nadja

Nadja RIP 3-11-2013 Forum Leader

What my wife and I do, is too make the coffee in the evening, then when I get up vedy vedy early in the morning, all I have to do is to heat it up . Takes about 6 min. on the propane range.

2. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

I drink hot tea. 3-4 minutes on the propane stove to boil the water, couple minutes to brew a cup.

3. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

Yes , sad but true. Ill keep using the electric one for now but if shtf Im going to the cabelas on the wood fire. I am eliminating things from my future inverters work load. Ill not be making toast or coffee with inverter power. So far with the new Refrigerator and freezer we are at 5 amps if they both start at the same time and under 2 amps while both running. So far so good. I can add in some low wattage lights , AA battery charger and the charger for the radios. Television and dvr player on occasion and keep it all on a 2500 watt inverter.
    Cooking will be done with wood. Canning with propane reserves until it runs out.

4. Nadja

Nadja RIP 3-11-2013 Forum Leader

Kingfish, your inverter is putting out about 25 amps total. So if your only running about 5 amps, you have power to burn. I make toast many times with my toaster, if the sun is out. I avoid it when there is no sun like yesterday and today. I doubt if you will have many problems with overusing your power from the inverter. I never have yet after 16 years.

1. Alanaana
    Media

Dome

Uploaded by: Alanaana, Dec 4, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  2. Alanaana
    Media

Views

Uploaded by: Alanaana, Dec 4, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  3. DKR
    [IMG]...
    Thread by: DKR, Dec 25, 2021, 10 replies, in forum: Off Grid Living
  4. Prepper12
  5. Big Ron
  6. Ganado
  7. Ganado
  8. martha_mill
  9. DKR
  10. ED GEiN
  11. GrayGhost
  12. SurvivalJester