1. The Survivalmonkey Topic of the Month for April 2015 is Survivor McGyver.
    Please join us in discussing this topic HERE

Lets Talk About Refrigerators.

Discussion in 'Off Grid Living' started by Kingfish, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Nadja

Nadja RIP 3-11-2013 Forum Leader Site Supporter+++

What my wife and I do, is too make the coffee in the evening, then when I get up vedy vedy early in the morning, all I have to do is to heat it up . Takes about 6 min. on the propane range.

2. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member

I drink hot tea. 3-4 minutes on the propane stove to boil the water, couple minutes to brew a cup.

3. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

Yes , sad but true. Ill keep using the electric one for now but if SHTF Im going to the cabelas on the wood fire. I am eliminating things from my future inverters work load. Ill not be making toast or coffee with inverter power. So far with the new Refrigerator and freezer we are at 5 amps if they both start at the same time and under 2 amps while both running. So far so good. I can add in some low wattage lights , AA battery charger and the charger for the radios. Television and dvr player on occasion and keep it all on a 2500 watt inverter.
    Cooking will be done with wood. Canning with propane reserves until it runs out.

4. Nadja

Nadja RIP 3-11-2013 Forum Leader Site Supporter+++

Kingfish, your inverter is putting out about 25 amps total. So if your only running about 5 amps, you have power to burn. I make toast many times with my toaster, if the sun is out. I avoid it when there is no sun like yesterday and today. I doubt if you will have many problems with overusing your power from the inverter. I never have yet after 16 years.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
1NTzCYzfQp3EJAGcxRodMHQMXm1u9pVTCT