Lets talk installing Stove Jack...

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by phorisc, Dec 15, 2015.

Tags:
  1. phorisc

phorisc Monkey++

I am currently building a hot tent...getting close to being done with it.

I basically followed this guys instructions:

Now the part im on is installing the stove jack...I'd like to avoid sewing...but if thats the best bet maybe I need do that...but i've heard suggestions that this might work to glue it in...
    Sashco 13033 5oz Sashco Sealants White Lexel Adhesive Caulk, 5-Ounce: Adhesive Caulk: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

If glue(epoxy or whatever) is really not a good way to do a stove jack install, I may have to seek sewing assistance...but i really would try to get it done on my own :D

Gator 45/70 and chelloveck like this.
  2. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Take a look at a Mil Tent, squad or larger.

3. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

With Canvas, I use two sheets, of SheetMetal, one connected to the Metal Stove Jack, on Top, and a second, the same size that sandwiches the Canvas, in between, but back 6" so it doesn't catch fire from the Heat of the Stove Pipe. I also use Insulated Stove Pipe, to minimize the Heat, that will be transferred....

4. phorisc

phorisc Monkey++

interesting never heard of using stove jack like that. I am currently trying to install this one on a plastic heavy duty tarp you buy at hardware stores. Hence the interest in epoxying or glueing it in.

5. KJC1982

KJC1982 Neophyte Monkey

Hi... Just wondering if this product worked out for you to attach the stove jack to your tarp?

1. JC Refuge
  2. Andy the Aussie
  3. Coyote Ridge
  4. ColtCarbine
  5. DKR
  6. TinyDreams
  7. DKR
  8. Hillbilly549
  9. deMolay
  10. Hillbilly549
  11. Motomom34
  12. DKR