liberty pistol...

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Tango3, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

with the advancing unstoppable gun controls I'm starting to think the only way to keep an ace in the hole is to come up with a generic "basement" steel pipe firearm design constructed out of commonly available parts with completely innocuous purposes. This doesn't applyto the more skilled folks with macchine shop access.[gun]) We all know the basic priciples behind simple "fire control" assemblies.(firing pin, inertia from a swinging hammer or striker, trigger sear).Of course we'd check local and federal laws first...taser1
    touchy subject no replies required...[gun]seesaw

2. SLugomist

SLugomist Monkey++

3. QuietOne

QuietOne Monkey++

4. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

thanksforthelink... some of that 12 ga is awesome...:)

5. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

crikey's those zip guns are pretty cool and i'm relieved to see somebody else had these same ideas( I are too perfectly "nurmal")
    kurt saxons "4windshotgun"( don'try this at home kids take ito the woods):
    http://www.survivalplus.com/pdf_files/4windssg.zip

6. tommy20/69

tommy20/69 Monkey++

i have been lookin into a lathe i would like to get atleast a 40"lathe that would be nice.it would be nice to do your own machine work to your guns maybe even make your own barrel if needed. or complete gun at that.

7. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

STAY LEGAL BABY ,Small mill wouldbenice too,some hobby oriented machines do both.We always had access to good size machine tools in industrial maintenance 3phase mills saws drillpresses lathes ,mig, tig and stick welders ..made for some long2ndor3rdshift nights trying to maintain some discipline, I built a "jacobs ladder" out of scraps a relay, coat hanger wire and a furnace igniter transformer one night worked but osha and the plant manager woulda' fried me if anyone saw it. pounded out a cold rolled machete with the acetylene torch from some scrap in a place where we couldn't carry swiss army pocketknives( "its a weapon")...I look at a sten or a grease gun or uzi and say I could do that...i'd buy magazines,save work but recievers and basic slam fire bolts would be no problemwith a few machine tools. a brake to bend sheet...anda plasma cutter whooa baby...you haven't lived until you;ve written your nameinasteelsheet with a plasma cutter (hot knife through butter"...)

8. tommy20/69

tommy20/69 Monkey++

well i would like to take up gunsmithing for a hobby so whatever i make or repair would be legal. plus i thought it was legal to make a gun but you just couldn't sell it afterwards??

9. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

another thread here some where says it is because you could buy those 80% kits and finish them...acoupleof monks bend up ak receivers must be legal...

10. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

I wouldn't do it...
    make my own that is.
    I have a 1939 metal lathe, 10 speeds, 9" X 32" cap. (paid only $800.00 locally), works great, the collet chuck alone for it though set me back $600.00 then there was the collet set/s.
    Not to mention all the tooling, and spare parts.
    The best mill I've ever used was the "Bridgeport", a real heavyweight, literally!
    But then you'll need a big forklift to move it too!
    I used a friends lightweight mill, and it was practically worthless, other than as a big drillpress.
    They shake and jump and throw the vise and tooling.
    Now, it is all too easy to make a LOT of different designs, such as the (# 11), but they are not legal in certain areas, and not with anything more than a blank cartridge. (most are governed as being "boobytrap" devices, and outlawed)
    The "PEN" guns were around for a while, and they came in several calibers too, .22, .25, .38, etc. I fired a .22 and the .38. The .22 was nothing much but noise, the .38, well, I'll never do that again!
    Even though I have fired the single barrel and double barreled .410/.45 LC pistols, they get your attention, but try holding a smooth small diameter peice of metal tubing, with a kick like a mule!
    As for making your own, today you have to have a manufacturers license, even for black powder, and they have to be serial numbered and registered with BATFE.
    How marvelous!
    It reminds me of long ago where you were allowed to brew up to 5 gallons per person, in your home, of beer, wine, liquor, but you could NOT sell it...Today, that law seems to have been re-written too!
    Kits: Back in 1989 you could buy a kit for an M-11 ( ? ) think that's what it was called, a 9mm semi-to-full auto pistol. The "catch" was, you had to weld/braze the rear sight on the danged body tube is all! So, you got an automatic weapon for only $399.99, as opposed to buying one for $1,100.00, and having to wait to get a $200.00 tax stamp! Times have definitely changed!
    I even had to get BATFE "permission" prior to the assembly of a "non-firing" cannon that set in my front yard! made of 4 inch rolled/seamed/welded pipe, on a wooden framing. No wheels, no nothing!
    A neighbor had his house raided, and his cannon aseized, in 1997 here. It was a couple of pipes welded together, end to end, on an old rear end axle with truck tires! Again, A NON firing, NON replicant! They took him away for 6 months.....Guess he did NOT have permission!
    BTW: the BATFE have no sense of humor, and they insisted a "wick" is what you use to light a black powder cannon, and a: "fuse/fuze" is intended to detonate an explosive device!
    Go figure!
    I won't be lighting any more firecrackers with a FUSE!

11. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

blackpowdertoo?
    that's it! air guns and pvc potato cannon then ..

Bridgeports with digital x-y readouts added are the cats azz!
    Thanks the whole 80% kit homemade thing always struckme as skirting the edges Especially as you point out the batf folks who have also been accused of modifying( fixing) parts to prove somebody illegally converted a semi. I was thinking along the lines of the partisans in occupied europe(with no choice) who who had fireplacepokers or sticks with nails in them. infact I'm becoming increasingly uncomfortable with this thread perhaps the mods should lock'er up and delete it...

12. tommy20/69

tommy20/69 Monkey++

as for as i know it's legal to make a fire arm in the usa i frequent a few websights and they all say the same . the only way you break the law is when you try to sale that firearm you make. thats why you can by ak reciever flats and make your own ak and you don't need a ffl to buy the flats and you don't need to register it after either.

13. tommy20/69

tommy20/69 Monkey++

yes i rechecked and it it legal to make your own ak47 from a parts kit so it should be legal to make any gun you want just as long as you don't try to sell it thats when your breakin the law because it doesn't have serail numbers on it!!! so why close a good thread?? way to much parinoia going on [dunno]

14. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

With so many regulations and laws, it is only a matter of time until the people decide enough is enough. The government enforces its will through force, threatening to take away your liberty and freedom if you do not comply -and it has no right to do so.

If the people lead...their government will follow. I think it is about time we once again begin to lead.

15. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Yes, you can build your own firearm, and no, you can't sell it or give it away. Nor can you bequeath it when you start pushing up daisies, it becomes a real problem for your heirs. The thing is proving that YOU built it, not bought from an unlicensed source. And the dot gov doesn't operate in a vacuum (even tho' it seems so now and then, BATFE among the worst) and they know it takes a bit, but only a bit, of creativity to build something that would be classed as a firearm. If you go ahead with a project like that, you are on your own to cover the bases.

So far, the discussion has not advocated breaking the laws (thus violate the CoC) and in fact has pretty well stuck within bounds. I can see no reason to lock 'er up and will leave it to other mods or admins for now.

df, "wick" is correct historical terminology for cannon ignition. Why, I'll never know. The phony cannon (meaning the cannons, not the story) stories are appalling.

16. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

You do not have to have anyone's permission, permits, licenses or anything else to manufacture a firearm for personal use. NFA weapons are a different matter, as they require a tax and the ATF will not allow new machineguns to be registered to tax. This is kind of screwed up, as it represents the only tax in the history of our country that if you didn't pay it, could write a check and say "my Bad." end of story. The BATF seems to have written their own criteria for getting around that. As an aside, the ninth federal court ruled a while back, to reverse the conviction of a fellow that made 5 AK-47s (full-auto) saying that he violated no laws of interstate commerce and therefore, was not subject to a federal tax.
    I cannot find a single verifiable example of anyone ever being convicted by jury trial for a NFA violation that didn't involve another crime such as armed robbery. Most convictions are plea-bargained to a lesser felony after a dynamic entry at 03:00 and sweating in a box for 32 hours before the bad-cop scares the living hell out of you with stories of having the goods on you, millions of dollars in fines, decades in a federal pen with Bubba and the astronomical costs of legal defense then the good-cop walks in with a typed guilty plea to a lesser felony with a token jail term and fine but a felony conviction: its a no-brainer. And I will challenge anyone to show me an example to the contrary.

17. SLugomist

SLugomist Monkey++

to prove that you made it you have to engrave your name and address on the reciever. This is what I've seen posted in some firearms websites where people are doing some major mods to their guns.

18. tommy20/69

tommy20/69 Monkey++

the thing is to take lots of pictures of the build in process and keep them handy. always cover your 6. and make sure your in the pictures hands don't count.lol.

19. QuietOne

QuietOne Monkey++

Just to point out that what's legal today may be illegal tomorrow and if there is a Presidential Determination that making a gun is a terrorist act, pictures in the wrong hands could get you convicted.

20. tommy20/69

tommy20/69 Monkey++

well unless they lookin in your closet or you post them on the net and if you do post them on the internet then thats a plus because that will automaticly give you a date of manufacture for the gun and really clear you of any wrong doing if a law was passed.it could work in your favor and not in your favor . now even if you never posted a picture of the gun you know people talk and word gets around if you would be trying to hide it thats what would get you in trouble.

my plan is to get into gunsmithing and have a gun store and if they do pass an awb then i can still have and sell awb i'll just cater to the police at cheaper prices and maintain a nice shooting range and training field for them. it would give me play time with the toys and ammo plus a playing field thats mine and probably partially funded by the state . and if the shtf i'll be in the best place possible a freakin weapons armory with secure walls like a fort. sure it's a dream but i have been giving it some thought.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7