liberty pistol...

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Tango3, Feb 16, 2009.

1. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

Hmmmm,...
    Now you have me wondering just what is happening.....
    I was working in a machine shop, and once at the local welders, and both were visited by the atf people....
    Seems we were "fed" (no pun intended!) a lot of misinformation, (nah they wouldnt do that! would they?)
    Now with that said, I'm going to do some serious research, and, IF it is the case where I can make my own, then I'm off and running!
    Ahhh......all the things I have learned in the past 20 years all came flooding back to me....
    I won't make any automatic/rapid fire types, but I can do a lot of other things...
    Dang, and I just tossed out a dozen rifle barrel blanks not long ago, for scrap metal, so I wouldn't get into trouble!
    Bill

2. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

3. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

I am gettin' busy, real soon!
    Have to pick up some decent metal stock, and buy some specialty tooling
    I can't afford a set-up to produce rifled barrels, but they can be had at decent costs!
    Maybe get some older mausers and such and do some conversions?
    I prefer the .308 to an 8mm, lighter recoil and cheaper to reload.
    Bill

4. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

I just made sure I still have my metal stamp sets, 1/8 and 1/4 inch sizes...
    plus, All my dies and taps, and mic's and calipers...
    Makes for easier making of items...
    Most things could be made on a lathe, but for the flats, etc, I'll have to start to look at getting a small milling machine...$$$
    It's always something! Where's my TARP loan anyway?
    I know where I could get an older Boss 5 or Boss 6 cnc mills, but they run off 240vac, and are big, and heavy monsters. (almost free for the taking!)
    BUT, They do have a problem, they seem to like to blow-out their z axis control units. ( that's real fun when running a "fly cutter"!)
    We called them "boat anchors" in the shop...!
    Their programming is so simple we used an ol Rad Shack TRS-80 ( yup the trash 80's!) to run 3 at a time....
    Bill

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7