Lights Out by Halffast - signed copies - David Crawford

Discussion in 'Survival Reading Room' started by melbo, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Ancesthntr

Ancesthntr Monkey+

I also read "Lights Out" a while ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was a bit too close to home, though - literally, as I live in San Antonio.

Naturally, I got "One Second After" and watched the recent Nat Geo show "Electronic Armaggedon." Scary stories, all - but we must pay attention and prepare as much as possible. The event will - or will not - occur, with none of us able to affect things one way or the other. Except for ourselves and our families. I've stored more food, just bought some 6-gallon water containers at Wallyworld, and will soon plant a garden. Not huge steps, but sometimes the little things matter - especially if you're hungry or thirsty.

I hope to win a book, but will be buying if I don't. Thanks, Halffast.

2. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Halffast you have PM :)

3. jstalljon

jstalljon Monkey+

Is it possible to still get past chapter 20 in .pdf format?

4. amyrun77

amyrun77 Monkey+

I got through about half of the story before it was removed. I can't wait to finally get to read the rest.

5. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Not anymore, sorry. You'll need to wait a few months for the published version. Maybe he'll offer a kindle version as well???

Check back here often as I'll have the news as soon as it's out.

6. jstalljon

jstalljon Monkey+

Thanks for the update Melbo....I guess "I'm in" on this drawing for a signed copy then. :)

7. ronfmsatx

ronfmsatx Monkey+

Ancesthntr - Home

I agree about the close to home thing. It's interesting to recognized the areas he talks about. If the story were to play out I unfortunately live in Bexar County. In fact I live fairly close to the airport where several planes crashed - Bummer. I am looking for some property around Goliad. Haven't found anything yet that fits my need and budget.

8. slongfellowii

slongfellowii Monkey+

I'll be sure to buy a copy as soon as we get a release date.

9. Loner

Loner Monkey+

I'm in!

Read the PDF and what a good read! Would definitely want a published copy. A free signed copy is even sweeter!

10. Boreal

Boreal Monkey+

Read the .pdf as well. Came back here looking for a link to it only to find it had been removed :(

I totally understand why, and can't wait for the published version. Will definitely be picking it up.

11. myrtlemaye

myrtlemaye Monkey+

Please add my name for copy of Lights Out

and let me know when available for purchase. Good Going on getting a publisher - it has been a long time coming.

12. WoodsWalker

WoodsWalker Monkey+

LO printed/isgned?

Stick my name in there...I missed the online version..but the teaser is excruciating...I read Patriots when it was Triple Ought and have the book, Just read Alas Babylon and One Second After and have a few others of the like lined up on the reading list.

Also found The Bug Out and Lost & Found...gah need more.

On that front...for shorter term things I'm well set where I am...have done the no/power thing in the winter...have gravity water and septic, lanterns/candles/oil lamps, camp stoves and heaters and a wood stove that burns REALLY clean with dry hardwoods which I have in abundance.

Longer term GETTING there will be half the fun..but if I can WALK there, I'll be set up OK. But it will be a LONG walk. Driving or biking is SO much easier. If I were however to arrive with only the clothes on my back...I'd be fine. There is a BOB in the closet, with that alone I'd make it to the Hole. Just take me a bit...the more time I have, the more i take with me (better vehicles).

13. Matthew 25:4

Matthew 25:4 Monkey+

Count me in. Read the first 20 chapters and was hooked! Came across this forum searching for the rest of the book. It'll be nicer to read a hard copy then on the computer.

14. KR20

KR20 Monkey+

In for the book. Read the pdf and really enjoyed it.

15. SharpsShtr

SharpsShtr Monkey++

I read this book from cover to cover without stopping. I would love to buy several copies for myself and the family. Please include me in the drawing.

Matt

16. csaws

csaws Monkey+

I printed this "book" and read it before and after my vasectomy, what a great way to pass acouple of days. Count me in if the book hasn't released yet, if it has and there are winners already congrats to you all.

Did I see a mention of a movie? Any other details on that yet?

17. csaws

csaws Monkey+

Ohhh yeah Kindle should be a must do, please Kindle it Halffast. I love my Kindle app on my iPhone. I have hard copies of all the books too, you know just in case.

18. Ancesthntr

Ancesthntr Monkey+

Kindle?

Let's see...we're talking about a book that involves EMP.[shtf] What happens to your Kindle in an EMP situation?:D

19. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

When all you have is a candle, your Kindle won't be much use anyway. Hard copy rules.

20. SharpsShtr

SharpsShtr Monkey++

I think that's why he mentioned: I have hard copies of all the books too, you know just in case.

Matt

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7