Lights Out Cover Art!

Discussion in 'Survival Reading Room' started by melbo, Oct 4, 2010.

1. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Getting closer...

Lights Out by David Crawford (Halffast)

[​IMG]

2. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Okay, does that mean we are getting closer to a drawing, or being able to buy a copy? Just asking......[dunno]

3. bnmb

bnmb On Hiatus Banned

Huh...Cool cover!

4. AKM.

AKM. Monkey+

I think maybe a picture of a bulb shattering as it hangs from a fitting; ie a stillshot taken as it starts to fragment. Just a thought.

5. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

It looks like that Eddison got screwed! : O

6. KHAN

KHAN Monkey+++

Sorry I don't care for it (the cover that is), doesn't mean I don't want copies of it as soon as its available!

7. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

+1 I don't see how a busted very local light bulb relates to the wider story. (But that's just me.)

8. Grand58742

Grand58742 Monkey+++

Me? I think he should drop the "Internet Cult Classic" line on the front myself although it is fitting. Most folks know David Crawford is Halffast and those that don't will likely stumble across it after they read the book. Not really keen on the photo, but that's just me. In the long run, it's what makes him happy, so really my opinion means squat.

But in disagreeing, you should always have another example. So maybe something like the NASA nighttime photo of the United States? The one with it all lit up. Before and after type of thing. Like the second one on this page:

NASA - Satellites Watch the World's Cities Grow

Something along those lines possibly?

9. canadianghost

canadianghost Monkey+

I personally don't care what is on the cover, I just can't wait to get me a copy!

-CG

10. WestPointMAG

WestPointMAG Monkey++

I you use a light bulb break it when it burning that way the filament burns out.
    I like others do not care for the cover. Lettering on the top should about any color but yellow. We read from right to left and up to down. The “The internet cult classic” should be on the other side so it reads from top down and right to left, not bottom up right to left like it is now or better not there at all. Black is too strong of a background even after the lights go out the world will not be 100% dark. Dark gray would work for me. Your font is ok but think about using impact.
    Maybe you could do it so the cover changes when it is turned a little. When you look strait at the cover you could have a lit candle in front of a face. When the cover is turned a little it changes to a ghostly of image an unlit candle in front of a face.

11. Blahh

Blahh Monkey+

Just registered to say that this cover does not do the book any justice at alllll!!!

Sadly I cannot offer much more input, I am not a graphics designer.

12. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

You need to go with a book cover that uses the refracted/prism effect (sorry , don't know what you call it) over a picture of the USA at night. So when they tilt the book left and right they can see the lights going out across the country, in segments ;)

13. Blahh

Blahh Monkey+

USA/silverhills :) nice idea, would be nice to see the big gate too

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7