Loading 7.62X25 Tokarev.....

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Seawolf1090, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Finally took the plunge today, and loaded my first dozen test loads for this caliber. Brand new brass, 85 grain Sierra JSP bullets, using AA#7 powder with LEE data.
    This dieset is steel, so the brass needed lubing - Hornady Unique Case Lube is my favorite.
    Only lost one case in set-up - didn't set the bullet seater quite right.

Will test them in my Czech CZ52 torrow at the local range. This is a lighter/moderate load, so should be more comfortable to shoot than the hot surplus loads.

Did some .22 Hornets too, for my single-shot BRNO rifle.
    1) 40 grain Hornady V-MAX Moly
    2) 40 grain Sierra JHP
    3) 45 grain Sierra JSP 'Hornet'

All using Hodgdon's Lil Gun powder (my favorite for the Hornet).

2. NVBeav

NVBeav Monkey+++

7.62x25 would be a great caliber to experiment with. If you could get a PPS-43, CZ-52, and maybe an AR upper in that caliber (?) you'd have a well-rounded collection in one cartridge! Not sure I'd sell my 5.56 or 7.62 nato tools.

In the past you've been able to buy scads of that ammo for incredibly low prices -- not sure about that now (here's 70 rnds for about $9). Is that why you're reloading it?

3. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Following a buddy's lead, I decided awhile back to be able to reload EVERY caliber I shoot. Surplus has been cheap (relatively) but is starting to get scarce. Knew this day would come. Been wanting to try it anyways. I have 500 pieces of new brass and 200 bullets at this time, and about half a 1200-round case of surplus remaining.
    I also load my own 5.56X45, 7.62X39 and 7.62X51.

This morning it's raining though.... TS Lee decided to play havoc with my range plans. Next weekend is a gunshow - may wait til then, in case I buy any goodies there.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7