Local police trying to kill dog wound pedestrian

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Redneck Rebel, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

I question whether this was actually a ricochet or whether the given distance is incorrect.

2. Silversnake

Silversnake Silverback

I know in some Texas a civilian who uses justified lethal force is still responsible for anyone wounded or killed by a bullet after perforating the intended target, a miss or a ricochet.

I wonder if the police are also held responsible for that.

3. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

They (local police) were never held responsible for the murder of an unarmed woman holding a baby.. a baby who was wounded by the shot that killed the mother.

TwoCrows likes this.
  4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Doesn't know what caused the ricochet? How about pavement? (Almost had to be since the wounded man was down the street.)

5. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Come on, Ghrit. It could have also been a purple bullet bending fairy or another infamous magic bullet incident like what happened in Texas when JFK was assassinated. Cement is such an easy "cop-out".

6. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Ricochet..Very possible...

I was shooting a 1919 at a pallet with clay target's on the side...and the next thing i see is a limb 15 ft. up falling...It happen's.

7. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Muzzle climb?[stirpot]

Quigley_Sharps likes this.
  8. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

sure..That's possible also...This one is mounted on a very stable platform so muzzle rise is not a major problem...

9. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

it'll all go away when the check, to the old man, clears the bank ....

10. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

OMG, I just saw pictures of the pitbull they wounded... it is one that once belonged to me

11. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

12. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

sssssshhhhh.

if they can't find the current owner .. well it might wind up being your dog yet again.

13. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

That's what I'm worried about. I dunno whether to call and report it or not.

14. Silversnake

Silversnake Silverback

Not your dog. The white on the left front paw is different, I believe.

15. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

I like Brokor's idea about the fairy but probally wont work(lol)

I know for us we are responsible for that round when it leaves the gun, even if it misses the target or comes off of another object and strikes someone. I don't think criminal but civil yes this guy will get a nice check for his pain and suffering. The officers will or should be sent back for some updated range training. It could have been one of those things that was just a freak mistate that couldn't have been prevented. I would like to know how many rounds were discharged and was it a have to case to take the shot. Which I don't like to call any type of shooting a accident because every one I have worked there is always something the shooter or firearm owner could or should have done to prevent it.

tulianr and Silversnake like this.
  16. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

Welp, think I'm gonna go on a crusade to cost this scumbag lying cop and dog warden their jobs. Time to pound some pavement, get some petitions signed, do some picketing, etc... course that's just as soon as I see to it that the current owner is arrested.

I'm not gonna hold out much hope though considering Al Sharpton couldn't even get the murdering SWAT team held accountable for shooting off a baby's hand.

17. PAGUY

PAGUY Monkey

The bottom line is that once that charge ignites and the projectile leaves that barrel it can go many places for many reasons. You are responsible for it until it comes to a complete rest.

Quigley_Sharps likes this.
  18. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Monkey++

Since both the dogs were running away, the cop was not in danger.
    Spray and pray was not called for.

If you do not know what is behind what you are shooting at, you have no business shooting.
    That is basic gun safety.

19. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

This reminded me of a similar incident I'd totally forgotten about until now. Before I moved here, I was friends with a girl who was a cop on the local PD. She calls me up one night to tell me that the cop she'd been trying to hook me up with was in the ER after having a finger bitten off by a Pit. Well he was fine, so we were going to goof on him to add insult to the injury. We got a stuffed dog, swiped one of those fake fingers with the sample nail job from the nail salon and glued it to the dog's mouth. Went to his house the next day with the dog and a get well card.

Wellll, turned out the dog wasn't what took his finger off. He and another cop responded to a vicious dog call. They get there, and the dog is in the yard ripping what's left of the people's cat to pieces. They move in a bit, and the three of them are in a triangle shape if you can picture that. Our buddy has a pistol drawn and pointed already. Well the dog drops the cat and makes to lunge at them, so the partner shoots at it. Except, somehow he managed to shoot his partner (our friend), who is standing to his side, in the hand that he's holding his gun in. So his gun goes off (along with a finger) and hits a windshield. At some point the dog gets shot but I never knew who did it.

The official story was that the dog came after our friend and attacked him, and his partner shot the dog which had jumped up and bitten the gun hand, which made the shot go wild and hit the nearby parked car... story was cooked up by the chief of police, who was the father of the bad shooter cop (a blithering idiot of a cop if there ever was one but that's a story for another day). Apparently the only witness had rushed in to retrieve her shredded cat the minute the dog lunged, and never saw what actually happened.

20. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

All that, to CYA, for the Chiefs son, so he doesn't have to explain to the Town Counsel, why his officer shouldn't be fired for incompetence...
    Happens every day in America....

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7