locking cable snares

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Trade' started by monkeyman, Feb 12, 2006.

Tags:
  1. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Ive started makeing snares that will fall closed but wont loosen up untill you release them. They are made of 1/16" cable that has a work load of 100 pounds and a test strength of about 400 pounds. Fully opened the loops are about 16" diameter and can be used for coons, bever or other small game and in an emergency (its illegal in most if not all areas) could be used to neck snare deer.
    The materials to make them run about $1 each and about 10-15 minutes of time to make them, so I am asking $2 each for them plus actual postage. I can make heavier, larger, smaller or whatever snares as ordered and can come down a bit on price for larger orders. Im also always up for barter so if you have something you may want to trade for them then let me know and we may be able to work something out. You can respond here or send me a PM if interested. [beer]

ETA;READ FURTHER DOWN THE THREAD AS I FOUND BETTER PRICEING ON MATERIALS AND AM PASSING ALONG THE SAVEINGS! [beer]

2. Bear

Bear Monkey+++ Founding Member Iron Monkey

Cool!.... Send me an assortment of what you can do.... I'm in for $20 worth..... I'll be your first customer on this one!!!!! unless someone else sneaked in :D

3. monkeyman

Cool, sending a PM for info.

4. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

I'd like to play with a few as well. Cool deal

thx

5. monkeyman

Theyre on the way.

6. monkeyman

Well I finaly found a better buy on cable and so since my price to make the snares went down then the priceing improves.
    Basicly what I can do is that single snares will stay at $2 each, we can go $17.50 for a 10 and $30 gets you 20 snares. [beer]

7. monkeyman

Oh and by the way it is still 1/16" 7x7 aircraft cable with a test of 480 pounds and a sugested working load of 100 pounds, each snare is about 4' long when straight.

8. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Got mine today and they look like they will work just fine... :D

Thanks MM

9. monkeyman

Not a problem. :D

1. chelloveck
    Rabbits beware! [MEDIA]
    Thread by: chelloveck, Jul 1, 2018, 5 replies, in forum: Back to Basics
  2. Powder_burns
  3. Bishop
    Bishop spring pole snare: [MEDIA]
    Thread by: Bishop, May 20, 2016, 5 replies, in forum: Bushcraft
  4. phorisc
  5. Seacowboys
    Snare [ATTACH]
    Thread by: Seacowboys, Jul 14, 2012, 4 replies, in forum: General Survival and Preparedness
  6. beast
  7. emergencypreparedness
  8. tacmotusn
  9. melbo
  10. monkeyman
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7