Lone Wolf Conversion Barrels Glock 20 & 29 10mm to 40 S&W

Discussion in 'Range reports' started by Mountainman, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

I figured that since my tax money is buying so much 40 S&W ammo that it would be a good idea to be able to use some of it with this conversion barrel. Plus shooting 40 instead of 10mm will cut down on the cost of target practice.

I started out shooting my target practice reloads and then 4 other brands of ammo for my test. 150 rounds total were fired. All loads functioned perfect and the accuracy was the same as shooting 10mm at 25 yards. Below is the ammo I used:

Reloads - 165gr FMJ FP (Flat Point)
    Wolf Steel Case - 180gr FMJ FP
    Blazer Aluminum Case - 180gr FMJ FP
    Corbon - 165gr JHP
    Double Tap - 180gr JHP

I also have a G29 conversion barrel on backorder and hope it works as well as this one does. Will add to this post when I try it out.

Update 2/25/13: I finally received my G29 barrel that has been on back order since the middle of October (4 months).

I ran the same test as above using the same ammo. There were no problems and the accuracy was the same as the stock barrel.

I would recommend both of these to anyone that owns a G20 and/or G29 for the versatility if 10mm becomes unavailable.

stg58 likes this.
  2. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

[worthless]

=)

3. Mountainman

Not sure what you want pictures of since this was a function test and it passed perfectly.

4. Mountainman

@BTPost or anyone else.

Wondering if anyone has done the G27 to 9mm conversion?

5. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Sapper John did a conversion from sig .357 to .40 on a Sig... works well and shoots like a dream...

Mountainman likes this.
  6. gunbunny

gunbunny Never Trust A Bunny

I've done Glock 22 to 9mm, and Glock 23 and 22 to .357 sig.

I've had problems with some of the Lone Wolf barrels having too tight of a chamber. I used reloads and factory ammunition and had this occur.

They would lodge the empty casing in the barrel, and it was so tight I had to tap it out with a brass rod. I had two barrels like this, and instead of returning them, I stupidly went and bought a 9mm chamber finish reamer and did the job myself.

It didn't turn out too bad, but I cannot get the dremmel tip far enough into the chamber to put a final polish on it. Although the casings eject fine, they have tool mark imprints around the case mouth. I'm sure this will lower the reloading lifespan of these casings.

I've been buying Storm Lake conversion barrels, and have had ZERO problems with them. I run reloads and factory ammo without a problem.

The next time I get a conversion, or extended barrel, I would still get the Lone Wolf brand if they were the only ones making them. I would, however, promptly return the barrels and get new ones if they were faulty in any way. I will probably have to get a LWC barrel for the new Glock 42, as no other manufacturer seems to care about making an extended and threaded barrel for them except for maybe KKM.

Mountainman likes this.
  7. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I did one, on my Widowed Daughters G27.... The one that was only fired, once..... It was completely successful, and then I sold the weapon, to a fellow in Utah.....

Mountainman likes this.
  8. Mountainman

Thank you guys for the input. I have been considering trying a conversion barrel on my wife's G27 and now it looks like I will be ordering one.

BT - Did not "Like" your post for the back story, just the fact that the conversion worked fine.

BTPost likes this.
  9. AmericanRedoubt1776

AmericanRedoubt1776 American Redoubt: Idaho-Montana-Wyoming Site Supporter+

Our Lone Wolf 9mm conversion barrel works great in our G23 40S&W. Two calibers for the price of one is a good deal. Just had to stock up on 10 G19 mags to feed the 9 mm. An added bonus is that Lone Wolf is located in the Idaho American Redoubt thus supporting the local economy.

Mountainman likes this.
  10. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

My .40 cal Lone Wolf barrel works great in a G20.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
    Mountainman likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7