Long Over Due Hollow Points on the way, US Army

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by HK_User, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I never liked the Beretta 9mm. There are lots of better 9mm options.
    I loved the 1911, back in the day.

2. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

But it was what we where issued.... Oh well, fight with what you have. Now days we can be much more discerning on our tools. ;)

Ganado and Tully Mars like this.
  3. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Then buy them up now if that is what you believe.

4. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

No, I'm talking about those already purchased. I don't expect them to be resold, at any cost.

5. HK_User

Apples and oranges.

If as you said " It means another round of high prices and shortages, just like with the .22lr.
    Which consequently, leaves a large sector of the population scrambling for ammo again, and more panic buying.

BUY FMJ now Israel etc and forget the panic.

6. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I like peeling bananas and (occasionally) people.

Somehow I can't help thinking that if 9mm HP would do the job, .45 HP would do it even better...

NotSoSneaky and Tully Mars like this.
  7. kellory

I remember something about obummer signing a NATO treaty giving them control of all foreign ammo and imports to the US. That could interfere, big time.

8. HK_User

Again, BUY Now.

9. kellory

Can't. No money. Screwwed now, screwwed later.

10. HK_User

Well anyway you got something to bitch about.

Yard Dart and Ganado like this.
  11. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

No matter how *I* feel about the .45ACP, I just can't see the military going back to it. I'd guess that the new sidearm will be a 9mm with HP/HP+ type ammo. The round is still going to be easier to control for the average female soldier and those with smaller hands.

Mountainman and Yard Dart like this.
  12. HK_User

Please define "smaller hands". Maybe by glove size, Mil Glove Size for a standard.

BTW the Sig 227 has smaller grips, in the size 7 to 8 range.

DescriptionSpecificationDownload PDFFind Dealer
    MORE POWER PER SQUARE INCH
    The new, remarkably ergonomic SIG P227™. It’s a .45ACP that holds 10+1 rounds — but you’d hardly know it from the thinness of the grip. Take hold of this high-power, high-capacity pistol and you’ll see first-hand how
    we’ve stacked the odds in your favor.

- Fits most holsters designed for P220R and P226R
    - .45 ACP Double stack magazines
    - 14 Round extended magazine will be available
    - Double-action/Single-action
    - Integral accessory rail

[​IMG]

Yard Dart and Tully Mars like this.
  13. kellory

Mister, I got no dog in this race, my only rifles are .22lr and .50cal muzzleloader. I'm stating where I see it going, and why, I ain't bitchin'. It will effect what rifle I may be able to afford by deer season (possibly next year) but not effect me directly.
    I see this as a game of logical progression.

14. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

My size:D
    Say a med. sized work glove or smaller.

15. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Small? O.O

Yard Dart likes this.
  16. HK_User

Logical progression?
    Guess I lost my Logical Progression Ruler.

Yard Dart likes this.
  17. HK_User

Then the SIG 227 is in that range and the new grip allows a higher grip and less felt recoil.

Tully Mars likes this.
  18. HK_User

Unaware of any Mil Size in that range.

FAQ: How do I know what size gloves to order? Can I measure?
    It’s best to order gloves in the size you normally wear. Most (but not all) gloves are pretty consistent in size from one brand to another, so if you have bought size “Large” in the past, then you’d have a pretty safe bet in ordering a large.

If you have no idea what size glove to buy and have no past experience in buying gloves, you can measure your hand. We suggest you use a cloth tape measure like the one shown below. You can get a range of measurements depending upon how much you try to make your hand wide and flat. We get the best fit by using the largest measurement you can get (by making your palm as wide and flat as possible with the thumb sticking straight out). After getting a measurement, use the chart below to convert the measurement to an alpha size:

Actual Hand
    Measurement
    Alpha Glove Size
    6”-6.5” XS
    6.5”-7.5” Small
    7.5”-8.5” Medium
    8.5”-9.5” Large
    9.5”-10.5” XL
    10.5”-11” XXL
    11”-12” XXXL

A note about women’s glove sizes: Sorry, but we have not been able to obtain a size chart such as this from our vendors for ladies glove sizes. Generally speaking, a ladies glove size is one size smaller than a corresponding men’s size (men’s medium equals a ladies large), but ladies gloves are cut longer with more slender fingers.

A Photo of How to Measure your Hand:

[​IMG]

19. HK_User

Then again, the 10MM Glock with a compensator fits me fine. And would be a welcome replacement of the 9MM.

20. kellory

If they approve a gun speced to accept hollowpoints, they will want to feed it. Since it was not allowed before, they will have no stockpiles of said ammo. To feed the guns ammo, will require an ammo purchase (with the gov's buying preference) with first dibs on all appropriate ammo of said type. Like the .22lr shortages, caused by .gov buy+panic buying in response. Causing contueal shortages, and higher prices.
    It is the same senerio already played out as history, so what difference what ammo is inserted in category (A)?
    Similar actions will result in similar reactions.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7