Wanted Looking for a Machinist with a Lathe and some 3/8 Brass Rod.....

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Trade' started by BTPost, Sep 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Two is one and one is none.....oh wait, if he had two, he wouldn't need one now....:p:rolleyes:

2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Yes, I just need One....

3. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

Contacted him and waiting on the quote. Stand by.........

4. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

BT

$100 for the machine job and $16.03 for the bar from Amazon free shipping. Let me know.

sec_monkey likes this.
  5. BTPost

Yes, make it happen... How can I Pay you folks.... PayPal works for me or I can send you a Check....@AD1

6. Taku

Taku past history. Already prepared.

I sure wish I still had my lathe and mill and tools. (Spent 40 years of my life as a tool maker.)
    That would be about as simple an object to make as there is and I would never even charge to make a good gun owner and 2nd amendment supporter for doing it.
    I will tell you that you can As easily, maybe not as fast with a "good" drill press with a good Albright or even a tight jacobs chuck and a v-block, a small mill vise, and some files and fine emery cloth, calipers and it would be just as within tolerance with a little care.
    Why the tight tolerance?

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
    sec_monkey likes this.
  7. Taku

Taku past history. Already prepared.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
  8. BTPost

The Antenna that this would go to, is a duplicate of the antenna in Post #12 of this thread.
    Path Survey on Sunday...... | Survival Forums

I originally had four of these, that I got surplus from AlasCom, at the Hoonah Mtn, Site. The Driven Element, on one was broken, when it was dropped down, during removal. I used two, for a UHF Telephone shot up in Haines, AK, two decades ago, and used the last Good One on this Project. (Post #28) So I still have the one with the broken DE, and would like to get it operational, as now, it is just a bunch of Scrap Metal.

sec_monkey and Taku like this.
  9. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

I will send you the invoices electronicly and just mail me a check. I have a paypal account but am hesitent to link to my checking account. Tinfoil :cool:

How do you want to handle shippping. I dont know if USPS if it fits

10. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

The rod from Amazon arrives friday. I Will take it to him on Sat. Should be less than a week turn around.

Email me you shipping address. Looks like USPS if it fits it ships can make it to you so shipping should be less than $10.

11. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

Step 2 Brass rod arrived from Amazon. Going to the machine shop tomorrow.

image.

Ganado, kellory and sec_monkey like this.
  12. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

[chopper] :)

Ganado likes this.
  13. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

Brass rod has been dropped off.

In case you are interested in who took the job, it is a friend of mine who is a FFL who makes these
    image.

He reversed engineered the Remington M17 Bullpup after the patent expired. He has made many changes to the orig design. Of the first 100 limited editions he made I have the only lefthanded version.

He is coming out with a 7.62/308 version and I got to see the first 2 prototypes today.

K&M Arms - M17S556

BTPost He should have your part machined by then end of next week.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
    kellory likes this.
  14. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

The cool thing about this design is its about an inch shorter than a SBR with a 10.5 inch barrel.

Here it is compared to my fully collapsed 16 in M4 And you dont need a tax stamp.

image.

15. BTPost

Great, Let me know...

16. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

Hey, @BTPost , I thought you had that part issue taken care of or could have turned it out when I was at Dad's.. Sorry...

17. BTPost

No problems here, @Dont.... Thanks for thinking of me....

18. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

As I look at things you have it settled then? Can snail mail the requirements to Dad if you need it done..

19. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

Look what I have. I Hope to have it in the mail tomorrow. Once I get it sent I will give you the total.

image.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
    kellory and Sapper John like this.
  20. BTPost

Wow.... That is WAY COOL...... Absolutely GREAT.... Looking forward to the arrival in the Mail... I will forward funds just as soon as I have a Total and an Address... or Total and a PayPal Account Address.....

AD1 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7