Looking for community

Discussion in 'Off Grid Living' started by Tink44, Aug 9, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Tink44

Tink44 Monkey

Still researching what areas I am considering a northern region for a few reasons

2. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

Generally long, harsh Winters and short growing seasons are major considerations going North.
    When you're researching see what you can find out about the "banana belt" areas in the regions you're considering. Sometimes there's areas that mostly locals know about that aren't always mainstream knowledge.

I researched myself crazy looking for the best BOL we could find and afford. It's worth the time and you'll be happy with your results.

Motomom34 and Ganado like this.
  3. outdoorsygal

outdoorsygal Neophyte Monkey

Hi Tink, nice to meet you. You might want to check out Iowa Hill, California. The entire town is off-grid. We've been going up there
    for a few years and hopefully, will be living up there by the end of the year.

Motomom34 likes this.
  4. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

It's too bad it's in California.

5. Tink44

Tink44 Monkey

Cali is a pretty place but just not for me I am use to living in a semi northern region so I am leaning more toward tenn or possibly kentucky

6. GhostX

GhostX Monkey

I'm looking for an off grid community as well. I don't know if I could do too far north because I hate the cold (there's just something about cold feet I can't stand). I'm hoping to find something closer to Texas so I can have my home field advantage when I go on my off grid journey. It seems like an exciting transition that I hope will not be cut short by government douchebaggetry events that tell everyone we need to conform to the system.

1. Prepsteader13
  2. Coyote Ridge
  3. ghrit
  4. Ganado
  5. survivalmonkey
  6. Hanzo
  7. ghrit
  8. chelloveck
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7