Looking for like-minded for off-grid living

Discussion in 'Off Grid Living' started by jakesplinter, Sep 9, 2016.

1. rjburk

rjburk Monkey

I have asked and looked around to see if there was any interest in doing the same thing and lots of talk, no action....I would also be interested....election in Nov. may make me go it alone.....I have put a lot down with pen and paper on how to do the same.....please post or pm further outline of plans....

2. GhostX

GhostX Monkey

Well this seems to be a great place for a lot of people with the same idea and mindset to gather. If they don't get back to any of us, I'm down to start something up from scratch. I'll be watching this topic if anyone feels like laying out a plan.

3. Sunchaser

Sunchaser Monkey

Hey guys. Just thought I'd throw this out there. The land my husband and I bought was part of a larger parcel. We have talked about buying more of the land and building an eco village. We are very eager to get more people around us that will pitch in when any one needs anything and bring many different trades to our group. Our land was around 2k per acre. That is why we picked this area. Although we are in the "fall out area" for Watts Bar so if you're prepping for anything this may not be a good choice for you. The topography of our land is great. Some hills but lots of flat land too. We would love to have neighbors like you guys if your interested in this area. SE TN. Let me know and I can send you info.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention one thing. The county we live in (we do not live in the city) has not adopted the IBC. Therefore, we do not have to get any permits and no inspections! I did verify this with the correct channels here as well.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2016
    jakesplinter and GhostX like this.
  4. jakesplinter

jakesplinter Monkey

It sounds like you have a great idea my wife and I would probably be interested and at the very least coming in talking with you all

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7