Looking for local preppers Lincoln, NE

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Family_man, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Family_man

Family_man Monkey+

I am looking for some local preppers to talk with about preps. This would not be to create a group (yet) but just to discuss general preps.

2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Your better off OPSec wise, to have your Prep'er discussions here, rather than in a Face Meet with anyone local, unless you are REAL Comfortable with them, personally.... .... YMMV...

Cephus and Sapper John like this.
  3. Family_man

Family_man Monkey+

I understand the need for OPSEc but I am not inviting someone over for coffee. Any meeting would be at a nuetral location. I am also looking to eventually form a group of like minded individuals, God willing. While OPSEC is of great (utmost) importance having others locally that I can trust is also very important.

With the way things are moving I would rather start now in forming relationships with local preppers rather than after tshf. I have tried talking to all of my current friends but they are too interested in video games, vacations, and general sheepleness.

How else can I form a local group without meeting said persons first?

4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Strongly recommend establishing contact via the web as a starter. You've made the first steps here already, it is now a matter of swapping PMs initially to test the water, so to say. Find the IDs of the other locals here on the forum, read their posts and responses, and form opinions from that. Then, it's Starbucks time and go from there.

BTPost likes this.
  5. Family_man

Family_man Monkey+

Thanks for the advice. I will go that route and see how far the rabbit hole goes.

6. Family_man

Family_man Monkey+

Is there a way to search other members by location?

7. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Try the regional monkies forum.

8. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

[ditto] Yes, do your homework on the people if possible. Find out what other websites/groups they're into. For example, if the person said they were a member of Alpha Rubicon, maybe you'd want to research that.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7