Looking for New Email Provider

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Clear Bobby, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Clear Bobby

Clear Bobby Monkey

I am looking for a new email provider for my Windoze machine. Doesn't have to be free (I'll pay a reasonable sum). Who do you use? Why do you like them.

PS- This will be for my "public" use, so anonymity is not necessarily a major factor.

Thanks.

2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Well, for ME, I use my OWN, and have for decades. It isn't really that hard to do, and the Learning Curve isn't really that steep, if you have a Basic understanding of Networks and DNS. This gives you COMPLETE Control over the Server., Not just Technical Control, but Physical Control. Who has Accounts. Who can access your Mail. How many Accounts you want to have, and how many alises that each Account has. My Server sits on a shelf, in my Partners Basement, and has a T3 Access to the Internet. It is a Headless (No Monitor, or Keyboard) Mac Mini, and also Serves a few other Domains, besides Mine. We serve WEB, Mail, FTP, VPN, and a few other Protocols that are Private, and Encrypted.
    We use OpenDNS for our Master DNS, and we use Network Solutions for our Domain Register. ...... YMMV.....

3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I've been using Network Innovations, Inc. since a long time ago. 20frns per month. nii.net on your handy dandy 'puter connection to the internet. Always helpful. They have an excellent spam filter.

4. Byte

Byte Monkey+++

I am awaiting an invite to StartMail's beta for awhile now. Not live yet but hoping it will be soon.

Home - StartMail

5. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

Heard about that a while back. I think I threw my had in the ring there hoping for an invite but yeah, nuthin' so far.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7