Looking for practical LED gun light

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by hot diggity, Dec 9, 2018.

Tags:
  1. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I have one of the Old Russian twin tube Binocular NV SETS... I think is like 3X and runs on AA Batteries... It
    was here when I took over the Winterman’s Job... I have driven around the place, when there is NO Stars and Moon, with heavy overcast, and with no lights on the truck... just like Green Daylight...

2. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

@BTPost, you're lucky to have binocular NVG's. My first experience with NVG's was with the PVS-7 monocular. It would let you see green daylight at night, but with zero depth perception. If it hadn't been for a tiny spark of carbon from the exhaust of an M60 tank my HMMWV driver would have slammed right into the back of it. I darn near walked off a cliff while wearing them. Not really a user friendly piece of gear. I understand the current issue is much improved.

3. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Yea, they are way cool.. nice for spotting sneaky Fishermen, trying to sneak in and tie up to our Dock, rather than go anchor up like they should... I can see Tub Boat running lights 10 miles out in Icy Straights when they are floating by, pulling a Tandem Rail Barge clear up to Valdez, and back each week...

4. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Here is a question, any idea where to find ultra high power Micro flashlights of decent quality? I have purchased a few amazon lights the last few years only to find the quality to be low and battery is ether crap, wont take a charge ( if its the rechargeable type) or the battery cost more then the light it came in! Any good leads to decent quality! The lights I have been getting are about the size of a AA battery, just a little longer, and they seem to have about a 400 lumin rating for about 1 hour, that's perfect, now we just need decent build quality and batteries at a reasonable price and a good charger to keep them topped up! This light needs to mount to the A2 front sight on my AR Carbine

Gator 45/70 and sec_monkey like this.
  5. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Take a look at the Maglite XL50. Takes AAA battery.

6. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

Gator 45/70, Grandpa Patch and Ura-Ki like this.
  7. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

That might work, it's a good size for what i'm looking for!

Gator 45/70 and sec_monkey like this.
  8. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

Ura-Ki, Gator 45/70 and Grandpa Patch like this.
  9. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Yeah that's the one. Not "tactical" but bright enough and rugged.

10. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

[​IMG]This is a tiny powerhouse. I have one on my big key ring and the only change I've made to it is a triple wrap of stainless steel safety wire to secure the pocket clip to the light. (I do this with all my pocket clips, and haven't had an issue with one in years.)

1. Coyote Ridge
  2. oldman11
  3. HK_User
  4. Motomom34
  5. The_Prepared
  6. Asia-Off-Grid
  7. oil pan 4
  8. oil pan 4
  9. oil pan 4
  10. Bishop
  11. hot diggity
  12. M118LR