Looking for some help.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by scrapman21009, Mar 5, 2012.

1. scrapman21009

scrapman21009 Chupacabra Hunter

Ok, so most of us on here have been prepping for a while, and a lot of us have been stocking food since before the the early 90's............so, i will buy from, give my children to, trade wives with, or any other thing you may want to the first person who can produce for me a case of ......... Crystal Pepsi!!!!!! [aiw] We can even sit around the fire, share a case, and sing in the peace that only a refreshing Crystal Pepsi can bring.

BTW, I prefer glass bottles, but will take cans if that all you can find.

Thanking you in advance, your humble servent

Scrapman

2. hedger

hedger Monkey+

You made me remember my time in Vietnam.

Whenever you are in a situation where you are "doing without" access to some of your favorite foods, etc., you are likely to develop intense cravings for what may be unexpected items.

It is not always easy to be able to reliably pick out what specific items may end up on that list. But it is a good idea to do a little bit of brainstorming to anticipate some items.

ditch witch and Cephus like this.
  3. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

When I was younger I'd spend summers at my uncle's farm, and we mostly ate what we could grow or raise. Now when I say "farm", I mean they grew and raised EVERYTHING! Orchards, vineyards, massive garden, chickens, bird dogs, bees, beef cattle, dairy, you name it. We def weren't hungry, but there's always some things you can't make. By the second month I started obsessing over...

...fried saltNpepper squid and onions from this hole in the wall Chinese place back home. I would have sold a few black market babies for a plate of that by the third month.

4. groovy mike

groovy mike Immortal

Tang. when you want it, nothing else will do.

5. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

I believe the alternative name was "BLECCH!" LOL

My apologies, none stockpiled here.

6. larryinalabama

larryinalabama Monkey++

Times change so fast now things Ive been used to cooking with dissapear or triple in price overnight, hardware is the same, nails made in china cost 3times as much and are completely useless to drive into seasoned wood.

As far as a canned drink thats 20 years,,,,is it even safe to drink?

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7