Looking to go primal

Discussion in 'Survival of the Fittest' started by Bigfoot1986, Dec 28, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Bigfoot1986

Bigfoot1986 Monkey

Ok so i have never done anything like this and have no clue where to start. From what i have heard or read no sugar, which i love root beer, and no cheese, there is a local store that sells some awesome sharp cheddar. So any advice would be great. Thanks

2. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

3. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

@Bigfoot1986 awesome step. You can have cheese but only certain types. The Primal People will be along soon.
    This is the site that is Primal and step by step:
    Mark\'s Daily Apple

There is also the book. I bought 3 copies and they are gone now. I gave them away to those that needed the eating plan.

Tully Mars likes this.
  4. Bigfoot1986

Bigfoot1986 Monkey

Thanks tully and motomom I'll check those out

Motomom34 and Tully Mars like this.
  5. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

Cavemen ate honey, for what that is worth. Other than the no sugar thing, this is basically standard eating for me, from what I can tell.

6. Airtime

Airtime Monkey+++

There is a difference between Primal and Paleo, not a lot but enough to be significant to me. For example Paleo says no alcohol at all, Primal says while alcohol does metabolize like a carb and should be eschewed; however, the research does show other beneficial affects with moderate consumption that mitigate the negatives and if it helps make life enjoyable for you then go for it. We aren't total Primal at our house but cutting carbs 70 - 80% has been beneficial. My wife and I really didn't need to loose any weight and were just seeking other health benefits mostly for disease prevention for which Primal seems to be good.

AT

Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
    AD1 and Ganado like this.
  7. runswithdogs

runswithdogs Monkey+++

No Wheat/grains/sugar/processed/artificial etc...

Paleo is more restrictive than Primal.. Couple things but the main one I can think of is Paleo doesn't allow for Dairy at all while Primal does assuming you don't have any issues with it.
    Main reason im not Paleo... Gotta have Cream with my strawberry's grown by the farmer just down the road (although sometimes its more like Strawberry's with my cream......)
    Thought I saw a link for Primal Blueprint at top of page.. thats a good place to start.

AD1, Ganado, Motomom34 and 1 other person like this.
  8. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

After reading The Primal Blueprint, I was eager to read more of Mark's writing. He admits that he wrote The 21 Day Total Body Transformation in response to critics who found The Primal Blueprint a little wordy. Now that I'm a third of the way through it, I have to admit that I wish I'd read the condensed 21 Day version first. The biggest thing I like about Primal is the relaxed, 80% rule that Mark lays out: follow only 80% of the plan, and still see favorable results. I've never eaten more really great food and not had to worry about my weight. Biggest concern lately is growing out of my clothes. They're all getting too big!

Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
    AD1, Ganado and Motomom34 like this.
  9. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

hot diggity likes this.
  1. runswithdogs
  2. Dunerunner
  3. Ganado
  4. Dunerunner
  5. DarkLight
  6. Ura-Ki
  7. runswithdogs