Looming shortage of FRN's

Discussion in 'Financial Cents' started by fireplaceguy, Dec 7, 2010.

1. fireplaceguy

fireplaceguy Monkey+

They've gotten so serious about foiling counterfeiters that even the official counterfeiter can't print the damn things.

LINK

If you don't have most of your short term dollars in cash, get busy...

2. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Also read to be: "Counterfeiters are ruining our economy! STOP. Panic now! STOP," and "It's too complex to have to print more of these all the time! STOP. Panic now! STOP. You must accept implants and have microchipped ID cards, it's the only way! STOP."

Also read to be: "We are lying to you about the fact that money is created out of thin air! STOP. There is no such thing as an unscientific depression -it's all scientifically created! STOP. There isn't that much in circulation at all, and since the FED has never been audited, nobody can prove it! STOP," and "Oh, by the way...that money is really all going to Goldman Sachs! It's nothing more than a simple ledger entry! STOP. Store it in a vault to be later sorted and burned? Don't you wish! STOP."

Meanwhile *somebody* just got to be 1.1 billion dollars richer.

That's hilarious! They never tell us that the bills are borrowed at face value plus interest as well as compound interest and more -all of which can never be paid off. What a world we live in.

Wait a second. Didn't you get a different official statement from a "government spokesman"?

Oh, who cares? It's just a few hundred billion in difference. With more than a billion in debt added to the deficit daily anyway, it's just a minor mistake.

True. And what they do not tell us is that the Federal Reserve is a private corporation. Kind of important piece of information, folks.

Also meant to read: "WE DEMAND A GLOBAL CURRENCY. ONLY THEN WILL YOUR HONEST TAX DOLLARS NOT BE SENT IN VAIN. TRUST THE NEW WORLD ORDER." Here comes the Amero?

Who cares? This psy-ops journalism must go. I am sick of the corruption and the ignorance. END THE FED.

3. BAT1

BAT1 Cowboys know no fear

Being backed by thin air they are all counterfeit in violation of the coinage act. LOL

4. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

It's interesting that they used to print $500 and $1000 bills. With the advent of inflation (and the subsequent need for higher bills), they clipped the top bill to $100, or a tank of gas in my truck...

I also find it interesting that even lowly Mcdonalds cashiers now scrutinize a $20 as if it were a fake.

Back when a new car cost $2,500 and the purchaser plunked cash or coin on the counter to purchase it, it was no big deal to carry around some serious cash. Now, cars cost $25,000 and you are labeled a 'suspicious person', accused of supporting al queda if you are found to have $2,500 in your pocket during a routine traffic stop and rob., lucky to not have your cash seized.

How come no one seems to notice this?

5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

There are actually a limited number of $10,000 bills (or used to be, anyway.) They were registered and used only for interbank transfers, IIRC.

6. melbo

There was actually a $100K bill that was a gold certificate for the same transfers. Now our top is $100 yet the buying power is around 97% less?

This sure was a lot of money in 1934!
    US100000dollarsbillobverse.

7. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Yup, one step closer to a cashless society.

8. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

If I remember, there was a coin dealer in Gatlinburg that sold one of the few remaining 10,000 bills that was held by a family since the 1920s. I believe there are only 3 known in circulation and that bill sold for $350K or something like that by a collector.....doesn't make sense to me. Kind of like numistatics....isn't an ounce and ounce when you really need it?

9. melbo

Numismatic have value so long as there are collectors willing to pay for the rarity/scarcity.
    Ultimately, they are just paper and have no physical value.

[​IMG]

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7