Lost a Good Man yesterday.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blackjack, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

My wife's uncle, who we partially moved up here to help out. Lost his 5 year fight with cancer yesterday.

I don't genuinely like most people, but he was a good man. Ralph Martin, 76 years old, Korean War vet, husband to the girl he met in high school. Worked his butt off his whole life at not only a job, but running a little beef outfit out of his home. As long as I knew him he never intentionally did anyone any harm and was truly generous in helping others out that needed it. He understood responsibility and honor, and he left the world a little better off than he found it. That's about as high of praise as I can give someone.

He'll be missed by many.

2. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

sorry for the loss but I'm glad you got to spend some time with one of the good guys.

3. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I'm sorry for your family's loss, Blackjack.....What a wonderful tribute to him , how you feel....

Sail On Ralph....

4. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Sorry to hear about your families loss, but any of us can scarsely ask for more from life than to make the world a little brighter and be remembered well by those we leavebehind.

5. Bear

Bear Monkey+++ Founding Member Iron Monkey

Sorry to hear about your loss.... Prayers sent....

6. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Sorry man, tought to lose folks especially to cancer...

7. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

Real Men are scarce these days. I hate to hear it when we lose another one. That generation was truly the greatest generation. Sorry for you loss Blackjack.

8. Scavenger Flatbedder

Scavenger Flatbedder Scavenging The Wasteland

My condolenses.You and yours are in my prayers.

9. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

Sorry for your loss, prayers sent.

10. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

You and your family will be in our prayers, I am sorry for your loss. He sounded like so many men of his generation, dedicated to his family and his country. May God bless him.

11. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Sorry for your loss. There's not much more I can add that hasn't been said already. I know your family will miss this great man. God bless you and the rest of your family.

12. magnus392

magnus392 Field Marshall Mags Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Sorry to hear about your loss. There are no words that can make it better, but my sincerest apoligies to you, and my thoughts are with you guys.

13. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

From your description, your life has been blessed by this man. As you endure the sadness I'm sure you feel, know that you can carry him with you by remembering and by emulating that which you most admired in him. I'm truly sorry for your loss.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7