M1A cleaning kit

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by melbo, Aug 7, 2005.

1. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

I am pretty new to M1A's. I have space in the buttstock for a cleaning kit. Who sells the complete package?

2. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Mike Sadlak and I talked about a full butstock cleaning kit but decided not right now. But, (hopeless plug) when you get ready for piston cleaning drillset and combo wrench, you know who to call.

3. TLynn

TLynn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Here's a few places to try. Outside of one or two differences - looks like the Garand cleaning kit. So if you can't find the whole kit yell, I might have some of it lying around (I've got two sets of the actual rods for the Garand), and lots of grease pots!!!

RightHand - I had checked out Sadlak but noticed you didn't carry the kits so I didn't mention you.

Fulton Armory

http://www.chestnutridge.com/products/m14.asp

Springfield Armory

If I did these right you should end up on the page that lists the buttstock kits themselves.

There are probably more places that sell them but I just did a quick look.

4. MD3C

MD3C Monkey+++ Founding Member

5. WTA

WTA Monkey+++

If you haven't got one yet you can call here too. I don't list them on my site because I don't recommend their use but I have a few. I don't have the pouches that they go in but do have the rest. I put together a survival kit for the M14 that I think is much better. It's not GI and doesn't fit in the buttstock but for new M1A owners it will get them off to a great start. It includes all of the Sadlak tools and some other tools and accessories everyone should have.

6. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

THanks. I'll give you a call sometime. Need about 5 kits total. ANd some books and stuff to
    Welcome!!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7