1. The Topic of the Month for April 2017 is "Store what you use, use what you store." Please join the discussion on the Survival Topic of the Month forum.

M50 gas mask

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by oil pan 4, Jun 6, 2016.

1. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey++

I got issued one back around 2013 but never really messed with it until lately.
    So far I like M50 the best. Used generic M3 OSHA stuff for sanding and in chemical drip/spill environments. Used MCU-2AP for far too may hours during gas attack exercise and at home sandblasting. Problem with MCU-2AP is it only normally has one filter. Then if you wear a sand blasting hood over the gas mask it block the one small opening on the filter.
    M50 is better all around. It has 2 filters, you can change the filters on the fly. You can pull one filter off and shoot a rifle. Comfort is better all around, partly because the filters are all plastic and low profile so you have less weight hanging off the side of the mask.
    I will get one just for sand blasting at least. If you can try one out you will like it.
    I say if you are going to buy a cheap gas mask, do your self a favor and don't at least that way it will be quick.

Dont and Tully Mars like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7