mad money...(pt1911)

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Tango3, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

have built up around $500 in my papal from ebay commerce... went cruising the gun racks to see what jumped out at me: found a Taurus pt1911 new (blued) at a local pawn shop. $525
    Everything I 've read says they are the cat's a$$. Even sounds like a decent price which is surprising ( this guy is usually a bit high). Any opinions on this 1911??? Should I snap it up before anybody else gets a chance too ?( it'll take 3 or 4 days to move the cash from paypal to my local account....b::

2. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

MSRP is $703 (from their website) http://www.taurususa.com/products/product-details.cfm?id=59&category=Pistol

I haven't seen what they're going for, and for that matter haven't fired one, but I have heard good things and this seems like a good price.

Don't go off my assumption though, I'm sure a couple folks on here that are current with the market will chime in and give you a good recommendation.

3. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

My neighbor has one and he likes it pretty well. He did change the grips on it. That is a pretty good price too.

4. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Thanks
    Gonna sleep on it, it's taken me awhile of horse trading to build this "surplus"...

5. BigO01

BigO01 Monkey+++ Founding Member

Tango have only consistantly heard one complaint on the PT1911 and that is they have an inferior finish on them .

That is a pretty good price as they have been rising as the weapons have begun to prove themselves in the market .

I would grab it and do what I have done with blued guns , that is put a few coats of car wax on them to protect it .

6. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I always enjoy spending my "Mad-money" on guns or ammunition....seems quite appropriate.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7