Made a Friend Today...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gator 45/70, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Went hunting this past weekend and managed to shoot one....
    Went back to the camp and a few other campers were there...
    But one older guy i noticed that had not killed this year..I like him ok since he's an ex-vietman era marine and a nice guy...
    Seems Leo has been having a few health issue's this year and had a back operation in November...so he had missed most of the deer season...
    So i ease up to him and ask him...How about this deer ?
    Have you killed this year?
    Leo, No neg,my freezer is empty..
    Me, want this deer..my freezer is full...
    Leo,You could buy a new freezer.?
    Me, I could but i want you to have this one..
    Leo, You Serious !
    Me,Yeah man..I'll help you clean it...
    I believe i've made a friend...That is all..Gator...

2. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

AWESOME!

3. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

You know of course, whether or not you had one before, now you have an Angel looking out for you and yours. It's part of the price you pay for doing good deeds and sharing with others.
    Please continue the good work. ... [respect]seesaw[applaud][applaud][applaud][flag]

4. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Thank You !!!!

5. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

You are quite welcome. Truth is, no thanks are necessary for what I said, I just call them like I see them.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  6. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Ahh yes...But as southern gentlemen we are required to say Thank's for kind copliments..Therefore we do...(y)

7. bad_karma00

bad_karma00 Monkey+

That is absolutely awesome. You're the kind of guy we need more of. Thanks for sharing.

8. cdnboy66

cdnboy66 Monkey++

oh no Sir, Thank you!
    it is people like you, who do more than they are required to, that make life easier for us all.

well done!

larryinalabama and Gator 45/70 like this.
  9. Byte

Byte Monkey+++

What he said! [respect] With just one small change; I'd change easier to better!

Byte

larryinalabama and Gator 45/70 like this.
  10. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Random acts of kindness.......

Whether anyone else acknowledges it or not...doing a random act of kindness is its own reward. Just knowing that one has helped a fellow human being in need without first thinking how it could be turned to one's benefit can be very satisfying. It just feels right to do the right thing, and it feels wrong not to do the right thing. I would much prefer feeling right about myself, and my place in the world by doing what is right, regardless of whether or not anyone else knows what I did.

ghrit, Sapper John, Falcon15 and 2 others like this.
  11. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

I agree completely. Problem is I think no less than 6 in 10 people, maybe more, could read what you wrote above, and they think, what the hell is he talking about. Right and wrong on many levels is totally foriegn to them. To us in the minority it just simply is.[stirpot]

chelloveck and Gator 45/70 like this.
  12. weegrannymush

weegrannymush Monkey+

I see that quite a few of us have learned that "It is more blessed to give than to receive"!

Gator 45/70 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7