Mag-Fed bolt 20MM Rifle with Suppressor

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Quigley_Sharps, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

2. hartage

hartage Monkey+++

Wth ? I thought .50 was the biggest that is publicly available and anything bigger is considered a cannon and not for public use. (never mind that in cal we can't even have the .50) What law is allowing the 20mm to be publicly available ?

3. Quigley_Sharps

A 200.00 NFA tax 20mm rifle = destructive device. you really need to move out of kali
    rednecklahti. 50a.

4. hartage

hartage Monkey+++

I swear, we are so deprived out here. Everybody else gets all the cool toys.

5. beatupoldcop

beatupoldcop Monkey+++

I believe that that photo shows a guy holding a Finnish 20 MM semi auto anti tank rifle, WW2 era. When I was a wee lad, one could see them sold via mail for $99.99 each Plus S& H.

Ammo was $1.00 each.

6. MbRodge

MbRodge Monkey+++

Last I checked the 20mm was considered a "demolition device" not technically a firearm and therefore falls under the same regulations as tnt and such.

7. BAT1

BAT1 Cowboys know no fear

Ammo must be expensive!

8. Quigley_Sharps

5.00 or 6.00 a pop if I remember correctly

9. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

Anything over .50 caliber is classified as a "Destructive Device" and subject to the same restrictions on purchase as full autos. If you want to pay the tax and do the paper work you can own one.
    And I belive the rifle pictured is a "Solothurn" anti-tank rifle. You can see plenty of them for sale at Knob Creek every year.

10. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Thats because you get to much 'balance' on your rights out there.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7