1. Given the media intensity given to the Corona or Wuhan virus, there seems no reason to have posts on that very specific subject in several forums Accordingly, all of those posts will be moved to "Headlines". All new items on that subject should be posted there as well. This notice will expire on 1 April, or be extended if needed. Thanks, folks.

Mag-Fed bolt 20MM Rifle with Suppressor

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Quigley_Sharps, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

2. hartage

hartage Monkey+++

Wth ? I thought .50 was the biggest that is publicly available and anything bigger is considered a cannon and not for public use. (never mind that in cal we can't even have the .50) What law is allowing the 20mm to be publicly available ?

3. Quigley_Sharps

A 200.00 NFA tax 20mm rifle = destructive device. you really need to move out of kali
    rednecklahti. 50a.

4. hartage

hartage Monkey+++

I swear, we are so deprived out here. Everybody else gets all the cool toys.

5. beatupoldcop

beatupoldcop Monkey+++

I believe that that photo shows a guy holding a Finnish 20 MM semi auto anti tank rifle, WW2 era. When I was a wee lad, one could see them sold via mail for $99.99 each Plus S& H.

Ammo was $1.00 each.

6. MbRodge

MbRodge Monkey+++

Last I checked the 20mm was considered a "demolition device" not technically a firearm and therefore falls under the same regulations as tnt and such.

7. BAT1

BAT1 Cowboys know no fear

Ammo must be expensive!

8. Quigley_Sharps

5.00 or 6.00 a pop if I remember correctly

9. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

Anything over .50 caliber is classified as a "Destructive Device" and subject to the same restrictions on purchase as full autos. If you want to pay the tax and do the paper work you can own one.
    And I belive the rifle pictured is a "Solothurn" anti-tank rifle. You can see plenty of them for sale at Knob Creek every year.

10. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Thats because you get to much 'balance' on your rights out there.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7