Magazine Pouches

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Seacowboys, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I have started back shooting IDPA and IPSC recently and always insist on using my single-stack 1911s. I just can't get used to double stacks. I realize that I will never be a real threat to the competition with the belled mag-wells and high-cap feeders but I like to practice with what I carry and shoot. The sport is fun and can offer some serious improvement in defensive hand-gunning if you don't fall too much into the "need for speed" trap.
    I would like to find a source for some decent quality kydex mag holsters. I have only two left for a single-stack that allows the tension to be adjusted and can't remember where I got them. Anyone here make them or know where to get them?

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Uncle Mike's makes Kydex mag holders that are supposed to be adjustable for 1911 single stacks. That said, I have not been able to get mine cinched up enough to keep the mags in if you don't keep them upright. The holster is just right.

3. Nomad 2nd

Nomad 2nd Monkey+++

Blade Tech

4. TenGrit

TenGrit Monkey++

www.comp-tac.com

I have 6 of their holsters and two of their mag pouches. They hold two magazines apiece and I use them everyday.

5. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I like the looks of that "Beltfeed" holder and think I'll count the pennies and order one.

6. TenGrit

TenGrit Monkey++

I've been thinking of doing the same. That thing is pricey, though. I'll have to order two because I shoot single stacks and double stacks.

7. mtbkski

mtbkski Monkey++

Just about everyone I shoot with at the games uses Bladetech. Both holster and magazine pouches.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7