Magnetic pole reversal

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by oil pan 4, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

There's trust associated with the peer review process, even though there are lying, cheating, nefarious groups in the scientific field who will say just about anything to receive more funding. Let's see...man-made global warming springs to mind. The good news is that the truth all comes out eventually. I can only surmise that there are "good" and "bad" aspects to science, but a savvy individual should be able to commit themselves to sound study and find the right path. It's really difficult to prove many findings on one's own without resources, time, and assistance of some kind. But, there are also simple experiments that can be easily carried out, too. One example would be the flat earth silliness which is growing in popularity. Anybody could very easily charter a flight to go 50,000 feet into the sky. One could also stab a stick into the ground and watch the sun cast a shadow and trace it over time, or drop a rock from on top a ladder to watch it fall to the ground and experience gravity. Another example would be for EMP practicality, one could also pay to have their idea tested at any number of EMP testing facilities, too.

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

In effect, your physics guy simply asked who's science do you choose to believe? I'm opting for an open mind and preparing for more immediate difficulties, like say snow storms or hurricanes

BTPost likes this.
  3. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Some people are rebellious just to be obstinate .
    Some cast aspersions on others just to elevate them selves, in which case proving ones' self to be a low life.
    As to the topic at hand , if one bothers to pay attention to weather patters the whole earth is changing like it or not.
    It does not take much for a seemingly small change to effect things a much larger scale.
    Years go Indonesia suffered an earth quake /tsunami and it actually shifted the earth enough in milliseconds to change our weather patterns . I noticed it here . Temecula California was typically hot tipple digits most of the year except for about 2 months during the winter . after that quake and earth shift our weather was great for about 10 years and rarely saw any thing over a 100 degrees . After the quake/tsunami in Japan the weather patterns shifted again .
    In Norway they noticed the sun rose early in spring ,
    In England , due to the gulf stream stopping or slowing the temperatures dropped severely so that plumbing that had to date not suffered as deep a freezing, and now was being a serious issue .
    If you observe the navy flood map and see that where you life is a potential flood zone ,what excuse have you got?

4. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

5. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

A 2016 paper from Yale is saying that loss of earth's magnetic field will allow the atmosphere to interact solar wind, energizing the upper levels, pretty much causing a sever round the clock geomagnetic storm.

Brokor and T. Riley like this.
  6. Byte

Byte Monkey+++

Oh I'd love to have so much coast line near to Montana! Who do I have bribe to make this happen? I've got a few dollars left to my name. Wonder what it'll cost? ;)

Brokor likes this.
  7. Brokor

Yeah, I caught that a few days ago. It's a very interesting read. It makes sense that a hyperactive ionosphere would magnify electromagnetism, given a weakened shield.

8. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

The earths magnetic field moved about 1 degree in 2017.
    Until now a lot of movement was considered 20 MOA, for rifle shooters that means about 1/3 of 1 degree, or people who practice nautical nav, 20 nautical miles.
    I saw speculation by pole shift deniers (natgeo) that during full blown pole shift a degree per year wasn't even considered possible.
    Then between 2017 and 2019 noaa is projecting around 2 degrees of movement.
    But in 2020 they say it's going to slow down, well in 2015 noaa said it was supposed to be slowed down by 2018.
    All the ingredients for a shit sandwich are out and on the table.
    The good news, the south pole is steady, just moving several MOA a year like it has for the past few hundred years.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
    Ganado likes this.
  9. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

How can the North Pole move so much and the south not,I thought the earth was round.

Zimmy likes this.
  10. Brokor

mysterymet and Ganado like this.
  11. ghrit

The earth is sorta close to round, more egg shaped, but that's beside the point. The magnetic poles have no need to be 180 degrees opposed, they will go where the earth and other influences allow them to go. Magnetism is a moderately obscure physical phenomenon and doesn't like to be symmetrical necessarily, any more than the landmasses on earth are symmetrically distributed.

12. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Seems to me the idea of being a survivalist is to assess the "possibilities" , no matter how slim they might seem, and build a survival scenario one can build with respectively .
    We are not all going to build the same, and no one expects it either to be a rock solid plan .
    Though flooding may not be the case in a particular area, one might be forced to move by other means into a flood zone say to escape earth quake or fire or social disorder or pandemic .
    If you have no means of floatation and some freak of nature occurs, all your preps are lost being land based alone.
    People with wells assume that they are fine , but an earth quake can and sometimes does change underground streams those wells are fed by. Not saying it will happen, but I've seen it happen though.
    So even if I had a well , I would still retain/maintain my above ground reserves.

The thread on wi fi confirms some disturbing relevance to magnetic influences in the earth and all life it seems .
    Playing with magnetism and specifically electromagnetism this means a great deal to me.
    While I don't buy that smart meters are an issue, especially seeing that I have for several years, a hive of bees that won't leave parked them selves less than 30' from the meter. I wont personally sleep with an electric blanket, I have so few brain cells ,I just can't afford to risk it.
    An ounce of prevention as it were.

13. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Ben Davidson got a call from noaa pretty much saying noting unusual is going on with the north pole and their paper released yesterday about the north poles movement over the last few years.

Who believes the government when they say nothing unusual is going on?

These are not the droids you're looking for, move along.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
  14. ghrit

To me, it depends on who's lips are flapping. Creds is everything when it comes to science, and I do NOT mean political science.

Brokor and Ganado like this.
  15. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Yup, Always read the Bibleoraphy and Footnotes at the bottom, and end of the Research Paper, and see who did the Peer Review, and what their credits in the Field of Study, are, before you swallow the Hook, Line, & Sinker..... I once read a Paper on NitroOrganics writen by a Phd, that seemed interesting, but when I checked the Credits, the Guy had a Phd in Divinity Studies, and six months later Dr Rogers wrote the Peer review, in one Paragraph... Summed up in two words, “ Total BullShit”......

Brokor, Ganado and ghrit like this.
  16. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Well during the last magnetic pole reversal it no less than doubled cosmic ray levels at ground level.
    Other studies show their abilities to increase storm strength, increase very high level cloud production and negative effects on human health.

17. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  18. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Is that supposed to indicate water levels if all glaciers melt?

Don't see how a magnetic pole shift would directly raise ocean and river levels...???

Gator 45/70 and Ganado like this.
  19. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

When did we need a new compass ? new shitters , , and all the rest !! Romans 14K AD built steam engines and lern't some magnitudes of flux .

LEARN FLUX
    Sloth

Gator 45/70 and Ganado like this.
  20. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

[​IMG]
    The NMP has wandered a bit over time.

While we got this simple version at skool
    [​IMG]

on the ground, things are a tad more complex
    [​IMG]
    Satellites in low-Earth orbit (LEO) provide the most effective means of mapping the long wavelengths of the magnetic field caused by the magnetization of the Earth's crust. The MF7 model (shown above) was produced using CHAMP measurements from May 2007 to April 2010.

1. DKR
  2. stg58
  3. Brokor
  4. Mindgrinder
  5. Yard Dart
  6. oil pan 4
  7. Mindgrinder
  8. AD1
  9. Yard Dart
  10. Yard Dart
  11. Mindgrinder
  12. Nadja