Magnetic pole reversal

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by oil pan 4, Mar 4, 2018.

1. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

What a time to be living.

SB21 likes this.
  2. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

AOC and them Green nuts will save us with them battery powered cars and wind farms ,,, and just think of all the extra power we'll get from our solar farms with them solar flares

duane likes this.
  3. nkawtg

nkawtg Monkey+++

This should have been a minor geo storm but for our weakened magnetic field it was major despite the CME being a weak one.
    We're in for a bumpy ride when an X class comes along.

Brokor and duane like this.
  4. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Publicly: "there's nothing to fear".
    Internally: "yep, we're toast"

duane likes this.
  5. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

If Ben is right and we don’t get a massive X class flare before, I should be dead and gone by then. If that’s not the case then my demise will be when the X class flare hits. I’m getting way too old for this shit.

SB21, Zimmy and DKR like this.
  6. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Magnetic shift paper.

Prepers reaction:
    Screenshot_20240125-110100~2 (1).

Brokor likes this.
  7. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I see your post and post again! :cool:

8. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Well that was just peachy ,, lets have that drink ive been hold off , maybe a few , and where are those tasty coffee woman !!
    Crap , I like it here and have many friends around the world .
    S

9. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

Yeah, I'm screwed

Brokor likes this.
  10. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

Watched some YouTube videos on this last night. It's just a matter of when.

Zimmy and Jerry Fisk like this.
  11. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I have to wonder if these magnetic influences will have any effect on equipment producing electrical energy, or the possible CME damage to solar panels??

12. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

The Carrington event was about an X43 blast with a fully intact magnetosphere, some say the next big blast from the sun could be in the X1000 range with almost no protection from the crumbling magnetosphere. IF, it is that high I’m guessing not much electrical will survive in any format, even if it’s protected in a Faraday cage what’s to say the sun burps again whilst it’s being used? The sun may not be one and done but we will have no way of knowing if a second, third or fourth blast is headed our way as there will be no satellites, grid, internet, computers to warn us. So how are your skills with a plow hooked up to a horse, any blacksmiths out there?

Jerry Fisk and SB21 like this.
  13. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

The whole process of making new equipment may have to start all over again.
    Reproducing some of the technologies we once had is going to be a real challenge.

Zimmy likes this.
  14. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

All the above.

Zimmy and Brokor like this.
  15. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

If this phenomenon happens, and kills the power grid ,, and a majority of us old timers die out ,,, these new age kids are gonna die off quicker than some of the old timers . They don't have the knowledge to build a fire , or know where to find a can of Ravioli when the SHTF . Much less skin out a squirrel or rabbit , and how to cook it .

16. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Unless you're running a huge solar array running on string inverters the panels will likely be fine.
    Anything off grid will likely be unaffected.
    The design of the H bridge grid tie inverters offer inheritant protection to the panels.

17. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

That's assuming they could catch them selves a bit of fast food at all.

SB21 likes this.
  18. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

People have a tendency to abuse a resource and use it up not allowing to mature to reproduce again.
    Some folk think that living out at sea like "Water World" will survive the blast but I don't think so. Even if they did they'd need to remain completely hidden from others and avoid piracy.
    Best you might hope for is to buy a submarine and sink it some where shallow so you can visit the surface easily from time to time and have a research lab for sampling the water and the fish one might be able to harvest. After the Fukushima event the Pacific was contaminated for years I don't know how it is now but there's no where for it to go.

Zimmy and oldman11 like this.
  19. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

20. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

It took highly sensitive gama spectrometer to detect Fukushima fall out even a hundred miles away from the site.
    The anti nukes told us for 50 years if something like Fukushima happened it would immediately kill million of people, poison all life in the sea ect, ect...

1. DKR
  2. stg58
  3. Brokor
  4. Mindgrinder
  5. Yard Dart
  6. oil pan 4
  7. Mindgrinder
  8. AD1
  9. Yard Dart
  10. Yard Dart
  11. Mindgrinder
  12. Nadja