Main Stream Prepping

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fedorthedog, Mar 5, 2012.

1. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

I went to Costco today in Portland Oregon and there is a box of Mt House survival food ready to go for the sheep for the partly sum of $57.00. I guess TV is having an effect.

2. larryinalabama

larryinalabama Monkey++

All the talk around here is grow a garden,,people may be starting to realize thae some major changes are going to take place

3. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I don't shop at CostCO, but it is my understanding that they have had S&P items for quite a while now. I remember people last year talking about the "survival buckets" they had.

Just looked as Sams Club website and they have a bunch of 3-day packs, "emergency water" packs.

4. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

There's a lot of gardens around here getting doubled and tripled in size, and a lot of new ones springing up. We're giving away free garden seed at work and it's getting snatched up. Everyone just seems uneasy.

5. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

They had emergency buckets 2 or more years ago. the basic 1 week that the feds recommend for a disaster. The Mountain House stuff was new. I have notices that WalMart has a MT House rack now too with meals and buckets of grain ready to go.

6. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Do you think it is really the sheeple waking up or just a fad at will fade in a year or so?

7. rustyb380

rustyb380 Monkey+

I believe it is a fad that will fade, problem is for far to many it may almost be to late!!! What do yall think

8. I say its a way for the greedy to make more money off the people who don't know how to prep...

9. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

The easiest way to figure that out, is to see who is sponsoring the Shows.... Follow the Bucks.... "No bucks, No Buck Rogers" as an Astronaut Said long ago.... ...... YMMV.....

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7