Maine Democrat, Congressman calls for Execution of ....

Discussion in 'Politics' started by tacmotusn, Apr 13, 2012.

1. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Some real level headed Politicians y'all got up there in Maine. Here is a standing Democratic Party Congressman who calls for the Execution of former Vice President Dick Cheney.
    Details are vague as the reporting news source, www.themainewire.com seems to be having server problems and has temporarily crashed.
    More to follow.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rep. Kruger returned calls for comment this morning, he is quoted below. Kruger’s Twitter account history has also been blocked from view.
    Rep. Chuck Kruger (D-Thomaston), the Democrat chair of the Maine legislature’s Moderate Caucus, used his Twitter account to express his view that former Vice President Dick Cheney should be executed. This comment has led some to question the validity of Kruger’s moderate credentials.
    Kruger made the statement through his Twitter account this past summer, saying, “Cheney deserves same final end he gave Saddam. Hope there are cell cams,” a reference to technology that would allow Kruger to watch the proposed execution of the former Vice President of the United States.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In my opinion there are several very high placed current government officials who should be brought up on charges of Treason, arrested, given a speedy trial, and if found guilty, promptly publicly executed. tacmotusn

jungatheart likes this.
  2. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Ah yes, the old "Democrat Double Standard". No reason to bother with little details like...... evidence of cimes, a trial, the accused's right of legal defense.....

Watch out, Mr. Congressman -loose rules like you want tend to come back to those who create them - karma can be painful!! [own2]

dragonfly and jungatheart like this.
  3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

He's taken leave of sanity. Has nothing to do with politics.

Cephus likes this.
  4. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

You presume he possessed it to begin with.

oldawg likes this.
  5. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Don't execute them, just draft them to the war they started

It never ceases to amaze me, and more often than not, to amuse me when I see my American cousins bang on about invoking capital punishment for capital crimes....had it have been a Republican arguing vehemently to string Barrak or Hillary up....there would be a standing ovation (regardless of the party affiliation of the proponent). A Democrat politician shouting for a capital execution is something of a novelty....but it seems to me to only demonstrate that stupidity is not the monopoly of any one political party or political point of view.

I don't favour execution....but I would favour calling up Cheney, Rummy, George Dubya, Condalesa et al, to active duty, give them some grunt training, and pack them off to Afghanistan to ride in a transport company running the IED gauntlet strapped to the bonnet of selected trucks...until the USA withdraws from Afghanistan...that would be a reasonable reward for drawing America into the Iraq conflict with lies and weapons of mass dissembling. If politicians and cabinet appointees knew that they were going to be hood ornaments to whatever war their administration took their country into, perhaps they may be less bellicose and bully in banging the drums of war.

6. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

doest that mean the Obmummer & company has to go to north africa... somolia, yeman, lybia etc? if so i might support that i mean can you see Hillary trudging across the sands...

ditch witch and Sapper John like this.
  7. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Don't leave specific Australian Poloticians off your list as well. George Dubya wasn't standing alone. There was a multinational coalition. Each and every one of those countries, yours included had the opportunity to tell George to pack sand up his bum. As for no weapons of mass destruction being found in Iraq, they hid entire fighter aircraft in sand, only to have them uncovered by wind storms. Iraq used bio and chemical weapons on Kurds and Iran in wars prior to us going in. Enough weapons material of that sort could kill us all could be hidden in a few suitcases. Suitcases are easier to hide than planes or to transport out of the country. Maybe the nuke thing was BS, but bio / chemical they had. Key word being "HAD".

Sapper John, oldawg and chelloveck like this.
  8. chelloveck

Man...If I could strap John Howard, and Tony Blair together

Man...If I could strap John Howard, and Tony Blair together on the bonnet of a deuce and a half, doing the Kandahar cookie run...I'd be doing it in a flash!

As to the WMD thing...meh...smoke and mirrors as much by Saddam as George and Co, in that sense they were allies in the two legged race of bullsh!t olympics (I'll pretend that I will use what I don't have if you pretend that I have what I don't have). Yes, they did use chemical munitions against the Kurds, but only because the Kurds' ability to respond in kind was zip...I don't think that Saddam was that stupid to think that the use of B&C warfare against the coalition would have saved his bacon one iota...it's best value was as a bluffer's threat that "might" be used if pressed.

9. Seawolf1090

Chell, you are wrong. We don't want to just lynch someone in politic's high ground - we want them tried for High Treason in a court of law. Big difference. The evidence is there - just need a prosecutor and judge with the balls to do the right thing.

oldawg likes this.
  10. chelloveck

Like that's going to ever happen...who do you think appoints the judges?

11. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

There is two sides to take into consideration with your statement above. Our SCOUS are appointed for life. Many seem to find their way and their conscience as to why they are supposed to be there, and as they throw off the shackles of those who appointed them, who no longer really have any influence over them, they mostly become their own person.
    If I have become too long winded with this, bottom line, once appointed they almost always become their own person and vote their own conscience.
    The one who appoints them can only hope they will vote as he and his party would like.

12. Seawolf1090

But..... a liberal judge remains a liberal, a conservative judge remains a conservative.

13. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

What we want is an end to this double standard.

Again the same double standard by the media and apparently the Secret Service..

Seawolf1090 likes this.
  14. Seawolf1090

"The King's" minions are inviolate and protected. A private citizen voicing his disgust and concern of Government excess, has NO protections.

But kings come, and they go....... many times against their will and without peace. The current "King of America" really should take a lesson from history.

oldawg likes this.
  15. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

That's the problem. They should be looking at what is constitutional and not what they think!

Sapper John, dragonfly and oldawg like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7