Maine Police Arrest Activist Dressed as Bin Laden

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ghostrider, Nov 1, 2006.

1. ghostrider

ghostrider Resident Poltergeist Founding Member

Maine Police Arrest Activist Dressed as Bin Laden

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

PORTLAND, Maine — The lawyer who divulged President Bush's drunken-driving arrest days before the 2000 election was arrested at gunpoint Tuesday over a Halloween stunt.
    Tom Connolly was wearing a terrorist costume complete with a plastic assault rifle while trying to make a political statement for passing motorists on Interstate 295 in South Portland, police said. They arrested him Tuesday morning and charged him with criminal threatening, a misdemeanor. Initial cash bail was set at $540.
    Connolly was wearing an Usama bin Laden outfit replete with a plastic dynamite belt, plastic grenades and a replica of an AK-47 assault rifle, police said.
    He carried a sign that said "I love TABOR," a reference to the Taxpayer Bill of Rights on the ballot in Maine on Nov. 7. But South Portland Police Chief Ed Googins said one of the people who saw it thought it said "I love the Taliban."

<SCRIPT language=javascript src="/js/news_showNext.js"></SCRIPT>I think this crackpot really needs to take his show on the road, so more people have a chance to see it.

Places like Texas. OSB

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7