Make rats great again.

Discussion in 'Survival of the Fittest' started by oil pan 4, Jan 23, 2024.

1. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

gii shi kan dug and Gator 45/70 like this.
  2. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

I'm not sure that the rural folks would want a horde of rats unleased upon them. As far as the rats starving, where do you think the food came from to begin with? The countryside! Rats are rodents, cousins to squirrels, rabbits and beaver, all of which humans have eaten in the past, present and future. Rats that lived in the countryside would be healthier than urban rats due to lower population densities, reduced disease, less pollution and cleaned food. Hell, they might even be good eating!
    I read of an experiment conducted many years ago, that studied behavior in urban rats vs rural rats. I forget the name, but I'll call it the Hell's Kitchen Experiment. Researchers established two colonies of rats; one was a natural environment (low population, clean food and water, no pollution, etc.) and the other was a blighted urban environment...Hell's Kitchen, and all that that entails. Then they connected the two colonies and allowed them to move back-and-forth at will. At first the rats stayed in their own colonies, then they began to visit back-and-forth, but in the end most of the rats choose one environment over the other...Hell's Kitchen!

3. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

I remember reading there are as many rats in NewYuck City as there are people. The leftist should be pushing eat rats other than bugs

Last edited: Jan 23, 2024
  4. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Rats are probably more nutritious (if prepared well) than communion wafers.

Of course rats could become a serviceable form of entertainment....using the rats tail scale....

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  5. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I'm sure if thousands of rats are dumped in one place in Maine in the middle of winter I can say with certainty most of them will starve and freeze to death.

6. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

True, if they weren't able to find dens and food, they would die. Also, that many rats released into a small area would over tax the available resources and everything would die. Animal rights activists, and others of their ilk, don't usually think things through.

gii shi kan dug, SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  7. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Yes animal rights activists actions usually tuen out to be quite harmful to animals.
    Some dumbass released all the minks from a uk mink farm at night a few years ago. It was winter, these were animals were raised by humans had no clue what to do in the wild and it appeared all of them died of exposure by morning.
    It's like they don't even care about the animals and just want to cause injury, damage to people and industries they don't agree with.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2024
  8. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Almost ALL domesticated animals, with the possible exception of beef cattle, horses and cats, cannot survive in the wild.

9. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

Remember, too, that rats in the city really have no natural predators. Out in the country, they may not fair so well.

10. chelloveck

Dogs, goats, pigs, camels, and poultry, are all domesticated animals with potential to become feral.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  11. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Dogs don't do so well. Poultry are just food for the local predators. Goats might do well, if there are no large predators. However, pigs will not only live but thrive...and eat everything else out of house and home, and then eat them! Camels can do well, but we don't have them in America any longer.
    I'm reminded of the guy that liberated a bunch of lobsters from a Red Lobster restaurant and released them...in a river...where they died!

12. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Put Lobsters, in a river?
    Definitely a democrackhead voter.
    Boiling water would have been more humane.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2024
    Zimmy, gii shi kan dug, SB21 and 2 others like this.
  13. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

@Wildbilly we don't have non-domesticated camels in N. America any more. I have seen ranchers in Texas that raise them, though! (y)

14. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

The US Army experimented with camels in the Southwestern US before the Civil War (Jefferson Davis was Sec. of War), when the Civil War began the camels were released when the US Army withdrew from the frontier. There were tales of camels wandering the West for years afterward, but eventually they died out. Didn't you ever watch a TV show called, "F Troop"?

Zimmy, gii shi kan dug and SB21 like this.
  15. chelloveck

Feral camels are a feature of the Central and Western Australian States and territories....they do just fine in that environment.

SB21 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7